marsh / layout boat

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

marsh / layout boat

Postby frank » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Anybody have any one of these boat in the Detroit Michigan I can come look at before I make a decision. i have not found any dealers in the area that carry any of these boats

Aquapod boat 10 sport, seeker or explorer
Four rivers boat
creek boat m98,

Any help, suggestion on these boats that would make my decision easier would be great. I would like something no bigger than 10' and that is light in weight that I can put it in the back of my truck and when I go hunting alone. Im 6'2" and 250lbs. so wt. capacity should be over or close to 300lb of the boat to fit my fat *** in.
frank
hunter

Re: marsh / layout boat

Postby frank » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Really no one has any of these boats around the Detroit mi. area.
frank
hunter

Re: marsh / layout boat

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:32 am

I have hunted MI for 40 years and have never heard of these or seen one that I know of. but most of the layout boats I have seen or used were hand build by their owners. You should be able to Google them and visit one of the suppliers to look them over, they may even let you watch the build process.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting