HEY YALL

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

HEY YALL

Postby buster_22 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:06 pm

Hey does anyone visit the Michigan threads? lets get talken about something in our neck of the woods. WHAT DO YEAH SAY......... :toofunny:
Never stand down wind of Buster "the spitter" 22 when he is calling on his SMM ! :laughing:

courtesy of Admin2 :thumbsup:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby kulsh » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:12 am

I agree somthing has to be done here. I have not spent alot of time here, but i will start looking for topics around town to post about
kulsh
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:49 pm

we could always start talking about ice fishing or something like that to till or topics start up
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

HERE WE SIT LIKE BIRDS IN THE WILDERNESS.............

Postby buster_22 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:07 pm

HEY I HAVE A GREAT IDEA....... :eek: LETS TALK ABOUT DUCK HUNTING ANYONE OPPOSE OF THAT TOPIC? :toofunny: COME ON Y'ALL LET'S GET CHATTEN.
Never stand down wind of Buster "the spitter" 22 when he is calling on his SMM ! :laughing:

buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby thaner » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:12 pm

Where are you from in MI and where do you hunt?

I live in Kalamazoo and hunt in Van Buren, Kalamazoo, and Barry counties.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:14 pm

I currently live in Adrian Michigan right now, I goto college at Siena Heights university. I duck hunt in Monroe county, which includes Lake Erie & Pointe Moullie which I love it there. Has anyone ever hunted out that way? :getdown:

buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby thaner » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:41 am

Never hunted in that area, but when I was in collage at U of D I used to take some friends down there to the gun club and shoot trap when we had a couple extra $. Fun times. Hooked more than one guy on shooting and hunting. :thumbsup:
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby kulsh » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:37 am

I live in Wyandotte, I hunt in the Detroit river or Point Muliee. This year i will try the familys land in howel. i will let you guys know how that works out.
kulsh
hunter

Postby Layout » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:05 pm

I used to work at Mouillee, from 1988-95. Hope you guys enjoy hunting there. I put a lot of sweat into that place.
A ton of lead anchors

- Long live the retired "duck bus".
Layout
hunter

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:36 am

I am from Fenton and hunt mostly Saginaw Bay. Can't wait for the season to start again.
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:24 pm

Hey how is the Saginaw bay hunting ? do you see other people around you hunting or is there so much water everyone gets their own spot. Out at Pointe Moullie its packed with hunters and almost everyone shares each others blocks of deks. Which kinda sucks....... :thumbsdown:

buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:38 pm

No not like that at all, it's pretty open and easy to find spots. If I had to site within 300 yards of someone I would be surprised.
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:39 pm

wow, thats really nice. Is there certain spots where you can and can't hunt? what about the water does it get rough and choppy, how far of a boat ride is it to your normal hunting area? sorry for all the questions, it would just be nice to expand my area of waters. Thanks :thumbsup:

buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby Steverinobambino » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:32 pm

One of my favorite spots on Saginaw Bay is on the West side of the Bay..off Linwood. Lots of open water and not much competition. We had success there, especially earlier in the year
Steverinobambino
hunter

Postby michiganduckhunter » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:13 pm

Don't know if this thread is still active....I live in Manistee and hunt along the Big Manistee River, Tippy Dam, and many small lakes and ponds. We take a trip up to Munuscong Bay each fall - see more birds there.
michiganduckhunter
hunter

Postby Cobra » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:52 pm

Live near Battle Creek, hunt Calhoun, Kalamazoo and Barry counties. About to start a little carving, have 9 Ring-neck heads roughed out.
Cobra
hunter

Postby SafetyMan » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:58 am

I live in Johannesburg...

and I hunt EVERYWHERE :getdown:

I hit all 3 openers, and hunt every weekend, and take my vacations during duck season. I hunt everywhere from Whitefish Bay to Lake Erie, From Grand Traverse Bay to Lake St. Claire, From Drummond Island to Saginaw Bay, From Nayanquing Point to Fish Point, From an "un-named" lake in Alpena County :eek: to an "un-named" river in Grand Traverse County... plus a BUNCH of Honey Holes right here at home.

I've got a 21' Tender and a Mighty Layout Boys SuperMag layout boat, I carve my own decoys, and burlap and paint my Herters, A 14' Boat/blind combo set on a 14' jon witha 70" beam, a Canoe....

I'm guessing somewhere in the range of 15 dozen decoys live with me, along with my YLF, Ginger, adn my BLF, Raven....

Hi, My name's Chip, and I'm a duckaholic..... :hammering:
SafetyMan
hunter

Postby michiganduckhunter » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:46 am

SafetyMan - I'm curious what kind of boat blind you have?
Also, have you hunted around Manistee/Benzie Counties at all? I'm not asking for any secret spots - just curious if you've hunted this area?
michiganduckhunter
hunter

Postby duckbuster808 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:13 pm

i live in Burton and i hunt fish point, shiawasee, nyanquin and many other small lakes and rivers across the state.
duckbuster808
hunter

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:00 pm

I live in Troy and hunt primarily SE mich; do a fair amount at Harsen's Island.
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

kind of new

Postby maddiedog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:01 pm

I live in Birch Run. I have hunted a lot of pot holes around the state. I used to live in Ludington...boy do I miss that. I am going to try Saginaw Bay. Any tips??? I used to hunt all of the openers too. Unfortunatly that is not possible this year!
maddiedog
hunter

Postby michiganduckhunter » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:33 pm

Maddiedog: "I used to live in Ludington...boy do I miss that."
I live in Manistee - mind my asking where you used to hunt in the area? We're getting ready for goose field hunting out near Brethren. Maybe on Manistee Lake or Portage Lake as well.
michiganduckhunter
hunter

Postby hunterdau2 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:30 am

I live up in the thumb just south of Harbor Beach and hunt the east side of the thumb. Not a lot of pressure duck hunting but more for goose season.
hunterdau2
hunter

Postby maddiedog » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:23 am

I used to float the PM up between Branch and Indian Bridge. There is a big swamp up there but a pain to paddle to. I have also hunted Hamlin lake and the lincoln river. I am just getting into goose hunting. I usually see all of them when season is closed. I have also hunted a lot up by Petoskey. That is where my parents live now.
maddiedog
hunter

Postby pike_mazter » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:05 pm

hunterdau2 wrote:I live up in the thumb just south of Harbor Beach and hunt the east side of the thumb. Not a lot of pressure duck hunting but more for goose season.

I'm from the thumb but live in Oak. County for school. Where do you duck hunt on the east side?

Oh yeah, and I hunt Geese on my Family's 3,500 acre farm.(why would I go to school and not farm you ask, well farming SUCKS!!)
All my duck hunting is done in northern oakland county, most of wich is on public land and if you scout it enough you can hunt without the threat of skybusters and limit out more than you think!
pike_mazter
hunter

Next

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting