Upper Peninsula Hunting

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

Upper Peninsula Hunting

Postby DIYduckslayer » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:53 am

Hello all - looking for some information. I'm staying in Sault St. Marie from September 20 to 29 to fish, and would like to find a duck hunting outfitter / guide for a few days during that week. Does anyone have a trusted name to share? There will be three or four of us hunting, and I'd like to find a guide that is fairly close to the Sault St. Marie area, if possible. Thanks for any help you can lend. Mike.
DIYduckslayer
hunter

Re: Upper Peninsula Hunting

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:38 am

DIYduckslayer wrote:Hello all - looking for some information. I'm staying in Sault St. Marie from September 20 to 29 to fish, and would like to find a duck hunting outfitter / guide for a few days during that week. Does anyone have a trusted name to share? There will be three or four of us hunting, and I'd like to find a guide that is fairly close to the Sault St. Marie area, if possible. Thanks for any help you can lend. Mike.

Odd that a guy with "Do It Yourself (DIY)" in his name, would ask about a guide... lol

I don't have any names for you.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby CorkDust » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:09 am

I'll be honest with you, hunting the lower river on the opener is a real Zoo. Other than getting out on the marsh, I doubt if you would find the whole experience rewarding or worthwhile. You are obligated to get set-up easily two hours prior shooting time. You will still have people motoring in on your spread and setting-up within fifty yards in many areas of the marsh. Sky busting is routine, despite the annual presence of at least on pair of C.O.s, illegal activity is pretty routine.
Last edited by CorkDust on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorkDust
hunter

Postby duckassassin2132 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:45 pm

I'll second what corkdust said. I went to school in the soo the last 4 yrs, don't really know of any decent guides, but if you find one hopefully he has private land to hunt, otherwise you ll be out there in WWIII with everybody else. Goodluck to ya.
duckassassin2132
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting