Duck Hunting Forum banner

Boat pods

2K views 23 replies 3 participants last post by  WoodyWhiffingMG 
#1 ·
Does anyone know a place I can get pods made/welded to my boat in SWMI or Northern Indiana?

River Larry was suggested to me, but he is to busy and after months of trying to get on his waiting list he has suggested that I look elsware if I want it done soon.

#9 ·
goldfish said:
How thick of material and what kind of mounting would you want? Bolt on or weld on?
(I was planning on making mine bolt on)
Thicness, IDK... I would rather weld on, but I'm struggling to find some one to weld.

Also, if you cant beat $150 + shipping I already have a pretty good offer on a set of custom ones.

#15 ·
goldfish said:
I didn't look up shipping, but I can get a 3x8 sheet of 1/8" for $70 thru work. I figured you had this all figured out.
I've got some custom made pods off a guy on michigansportsmanforum.com, but I have not found someone to weld them to my boat.

#21 ·
goldfish said:
I'm not sure you needed steps, unless that for super flotation if shtf
Although her main job is tendering for the layout and blind boats while hunting divers, she's been in a couple marshes where a step would have been nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.