Duck Hunting Forum banner

Interesting opening day

645 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  David121582 
#1 ·
Hey guys! Great to see all of the great chat going on!

Hoping that everyone had a great opening weekend. If there's anything I can say it's... I HATE MOSQUITOS wow it was horrible, no wind + marsh + 80's = Hell if you dont have spray!

OH... and PLEASE dont ever go into a SGA, pull into a field at 8:15am and take 30mins to set up your decoys in the wrong field while you are 60 yds from a group in front of you (my group). All the while birds are flying and flaring because of your bright white outboard and orange flags flying. Not only is it rude... but stupid and dangerous.

Sometimes I hate state land.... sometimes I love it. This was just one of the days I hated it...... hah.

:thumbsup:

At least we came out of the whole ordeal with a few birds. Hoping to get out some again this weekend, we shall see.

#2 ·
I know exactly what you mean I was at at state wildlife area yesterday in colorado and a guy set up maybe 50 yards on the other side of the little lake i was at. The worst part was he was almost calling non stop. I took one bird right at shooting time and after that it seemed like his calling was just flaring the rest of the birds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.