Duck Hunting Forum banner

this weekend hunt success..

803 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  someone11 
#1 ·
Went out to Sugar Island with a fellow student from LSSU (michigan Sniper). We did fairly well, but the birds were acting all backwards...came in wrong, werent flying when we thought they were supposed to etc... We would have had more if we could shoot straight :hammer:

We got 8 total, 3 hen buffle heads, 1 hen redhead, a blubill, a ringneck, a hen black duck mallard cross, and a golden eye.

this is my first diver ever shot, hen redhead

We may look young but we are both 18 :thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, I'm the fat one in the picture.

Not Sugar Island in Lake Erie - it's in the U.P.

Sorry about all the hens, guys. Of the 10 or so buffies that came in, none of them looked like drakes yet. The one buffy and GE were the only ducks we got shots at Sunday morning. Definitely should have had more, but we couldn't hit anything. Went out again today (different spot) and still couldn't hit anything. Missed two very easy shots at mallards. Somehow had a mallard within 15 feet of us in the decoys that we missed :huh: .

#4 ·
Michigan Sniper said:
Yeah, I'm the fat one in the picture.

Not Sugar Island in Lake Erie - it's in the U.P.

Sorry about all the hens, guys. Of the 10 or so buffies that came in, none of them looked like drakes yet. The one buffy and GE were the only ducks we got shots at Sunday morning. Definitely should have had more, but we couldn't hit anything. Went out again today (different spot) and still couldn't hit anything. Missed two very easy shots at mallards. Somehow had a mallard within 15 feet of us in the decoys that we missed :huh: .
Yeah, im still trying to figure out how i missed that mallard at 15 feet, emptied my gun on it and nothing.

#6 ·
ggrybas said:
Nice job guys!! Sounds like a fun hunt, don't worry about the hens, happens to everyone. Keep up the good work...move those birds south!!
They should be starting to move this week, a small cold front came through, with some nice wind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.