Duck Hunting Forum banner

Where Are Your Bands From?

952 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  patrick.carrington 
#1 ·
Just wondering where everybody's banded birds are from.

The only band I have so far I got on my first ever hunt. It was the first morning of the Youth Hunt and I had 4 ducks and I went to see if there were any woodies is some wild rice. Put one up and got it with one shot. Two or three more went up, but I was focused on making sure I didn't lose the one I shot. Sort of sad part is that it was banded the month before I shot it.

#2 ·
Most of our bands have been from in state, although we have some from Ontario. We have 5 called in right now that we're awaiting info on. Will post the info as we get it.

4 looked to be freshly banded, so id say Michigan on those, but 1 is well worn, so we'll see. That one might be interesting since it was an older bird.

#7 ·
Michigan Sniper, your not going to believe it but two years ago, I shot a banded snipe from the Horacon Marsh in WI. was awesome. my ducks and geese are from MI, WI, Canada, Florida, Maryland, CT, and ohio.

#11 ·
:lol: A banded snipe. That's awesome :thumbsup: ! Did the band have like 2 numbers on it? I can't imagine they can fit much on a band that small. I doubt they band very many snipe, either, but I'm not sure. I have yet to shoot a snipe this year. They are toying with me in the worst ways, though - flying by after shooting time, within safety zones, I even put one up walking for partridge that I missed (and it was a snipe, not a woodcock). Oh well, they keep you on your toes.

#12 ·
I have been walking the swamp and killing alot of them, I had a group of 6 light right next to the blind and we scard them up. they circled twice and came right in. 5 out of the 6. The band had 5 numbers on it and the same number. still waiting for the COA but it was banded in Anwar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.