Duck Hunting Forum banner

When do the woodies take off?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Cobra 
#1 ·
I here it does not take much cold to push them south. Anyone have a general guideline for mid Michigan area?

#4 ·
Allot of them split the Mid-Michigan area since the first week IMO. I think those cold nights moved em on. We were hunting a marsh that was absolutely loaded with them. Had a great shoot there. Went back a couple more times since and it was very subpar. Been hunting a couple other marshes that had lots of them buzzing early and late, but now i only see a few. Same with the teal. Seems the "bomb squads" are dwindling right now....That said, I have however shot a few nice flight birds and seen some blacks moving around tonight...Theyre coming. :yes:

#5 ·
Thanks; I have been seeing a lot less lately also,but have been having too much fun puttin the smackdown on geese to check out the duck spots. Although we did see a few bufflehead this week which is a first for where we saw them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.