Duck Hunting Forum banner

Inexperienced Drawings

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ojynnad20 
#1 ·
Anyone at the SGA's noticing any Inexperienced people running the draws? Ran into this today... I dont understand why the old guys who know what they are doing didn't do a better job of picking out an experienced person to run the drawings (or maybe a CO?)

Just my opinion... Hunting can be a dangerous sport, before people head out into the fields thngs need to be well stated as to rules and regulations (this situation the person just read them over as fast as he possibly could) As well as the person should know the area like the back of his hand... incase there are specific questions that arise.

#2 ·
We had a guy taking feather samples from all of our birds at a game area last week and as he did so, asked US the sex of the birds. :huh: Youd think he would know that himself. But, i guess thats not really someone running an area, so im off topic there.

Other than a misunderstanding about bringing the license of up to 2 individual hunters to add to your party of 2 prior to the draw i havent had any problems. This person only helps a few days a week. We told the manager about it and he cleared things up...Minor thing really....So, i guess i cant say ive seen any problems with people being brought in to help around the managed areas ive been to. Theyve all been able to run the draw smoothly and answer questions hunters have.

#3 ·
haha pretty funny, there are some birds that are hard to tell the sex of... but usually they'll blow on the feathers and find out...Wonder what he was qualified to be checking the birds for? To make sure they have bills?

:thumbsup: I know most of the time I get sick of hearing all of the rules and regulations every single time anyway... but I think it's good for people who haven't grown up duck hunting too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.