Looking for some waterfowling partners

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

Looking for some waterfowling partners

Postby dirtyturtle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm 30. Been duck hunting since I was a kid but only seriously for a couple years. I don't get a lot of time to go, but go as much as I can.

I want to go to fish point one Sunday but never been so kinda intimidated.

I am also trying to get some people who want to go on a charter on Saginaw Bay on the 16th of November (ya I know its deer season). It's $300 for the blind (4 people) if anyone wants to go.

I also have private land in Holly, (80 acres to be exact) with a private pond and a bunch of fields that they just cut the beans in today and the geese are crazy out there. I may go out Sunday the 2nd in the afternoon if anyone wants to go.

I'm not a pro, I just love waterfowling.
dirtyturtle
hunter

Postby turboimpala » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:39 pm

i live in grand blanc as well were abouts are you from? i hunted alot in holly early goose season. i dunno about going to fish point since i have been there almost everyday this week but i would be down for a goose hunt.
turboimpala
hunter

I have hunted the Bay, but neverFish point.

Postby joe borghi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:56 am

What does the charter include, i have never done one?
the old duck hunter
joe borghi
hunter

Postby dirtyturtle » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:18 am

Well I am out by Belsay and hill. My hunting land is out in Holly. Family owned, 80 acres. Deer, turkey, duck, goose, pheasent, partridge, woodock, squirrel....we've see everything out there....coyote.

The charter is awsome. No guide or anything(which I like) They take you out to the blind in a little boat, drop ya off and leave. Decoys are set. When your done or at closing, they will come get ya. I just like the easy of it. No decoys to bag, you don't need a boat or dog, just show up and shoot all day. We got 12 on wednesday and it was a slow day. I've see people get 20-30 there easy.
2008 Count
1 Woodie
3 Buffleheads
3 Redheads
dirtyturtle
hunter

Hunting partner

Postby mitradition » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:19 am

I'm up for a hunt this Sunday. Check your pm.
mitradition
Newb

Postby turboimpala » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:35 am

dirtyturtle wrote:Well I am out by Belsay and hill. My hunting land is out in Holly. Family owned, 80 acres. Deer, turkey, duck, goose, pheasent, partridge, woodock, squirrel....we've see everything out there....coyote.

The charter is awsome. No guide or anything(which I like) They take you out to the blind in a little boat, drop ya off and leave. Decoys are set. When your done or at closing, they will come get ya. I just like the easy of it. No decoys to bag, you don't need a boat or dog, just show up and shoot all day. We got 12 on wednesday and it was a slow day. I've see people get 20-30 there easy.

thats cool im around saginaw and baldwin, if you want to goose hunt sunday let me know. i got a few full body decoys that i can bring along. or if you want to goto fish poiint ill be going next week wednesday, thursday, and friday.
turboimpala
hunter

Holy

Postby Weedwacker » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:02 am

One of my best buddies lives in Holly, has 18 acres that he hunts for deer mostly.

We do quite a bit of waterfowl hunting and upland bird, use NAVHDA trained Germand Shorthairs. Duck hunt them in the morning, grouse and woodcock hunt in the afternoon.
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Re: Looking for some waterfowling partners

Postby achristie » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Hey Im also from grand blanc! right around the corner from ya! just got back from an awesome weekend up in west branch! I just got out of the service and moved out here and i dont know too many people, but i love to waterfowl hunt! so id be down to go anytime!
achristie
Newb

Postby A-Bomb » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:30 pm

achristie wrote:Hey Im also from grand blanc! right around the corner from ya! just got back from an awesome weekend up in west branch! I just got out of the service and moved out here and i dont know too many people, but i love to waterfowl hunt! so id be down to go anytime!

This post is from 2008 :thumbsup:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby DennyB » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:25 pm

A-Bomb wrote:
achristie wrote:Hey Im also from grand blanc! right around the corner from ya! just got back from an awesome weekend up in west branch! I just got out of the service and moved out here and i dont know too many people, but i love to waterfowl hunt! so id be down to go anytime!

This post is from 2008 :thumbsup:

Time warp????
DennyB
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting