Opener

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Opener

Postby maddiedog » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:01 am

Well did anybody slay them the first day? I am going tomorrow evening but we just do a lot of bird watching and not much shooting. I am more of a duck hunter. :thumbsup:
maddiedog
hunter

Postby pike_mazter » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:28 pm

Just two! :pissed: But one was about 15lbs. or more!
Only a few groups of birds flying and the ones that did come in was sweet! 2 dozen decoys was all we used with large landing area and it worked pretty good for the geese that were there. I have seen more birds flying in the past few weeks and now i can thank the putz who shoots a mile high, (when my decoys are getting worked not his 3 dekes) for scarring what geese were there. Thank you Sir Sky Buster!
pike_mazter
hunter

Postby maddiedog » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:20 am

We had a lot of close calls but the birds didn't want anything to do with us. We saw a ton of ducks though!!!
maddiedog
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:49 am

You saw a lot of ducks? where were you hunting at? :eek:
Never stand down wind of Buster "the spitter" 22 when he is calling on his SMM ! :laughing:

courtesy of Admin2 :thumbsup:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby maddiedog » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:44 am

The west side of the state. This spot is good for about twenty minutes opener and then there are a million hunters that blast at them. My buddy hunts there so I don't want to give away the exact location. There were a lot of ducks flying around the few fields we hunted as well.
maddiedog
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:14 pm

thats cool, that spot sounds like where i go on the east side. The place is called Pointe Moullie there are about 600 hunters and when that first trigger pulls it sounds like WW2. Its crazy, well good luck to yeah :getdown:
Never stand down wind of Buster "the spitter" 22 when he is calling on his SMM ! :laughing:

courtesy of Admin2 :thumbsup:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting