Does anyone hunt Saginaw Bay?

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

Does anyone hunt Saginaw Bay?

Postby ruffemup » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:06 pm

Just wondering what quality of hunting Saginaw Bay is
A Bad Day of Hunting Is Better Than A Good Day Of Work.
ruffemup
Newb

I do

Postby Tractor » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:19 pm

Hey... we hunt the bay every season. We always do fairly decently but with four people we don't reach our limit. We usually reach about 8 ducks. Most of them are ringnecks or buffies though.
Tractor
hunter

Postby duckbuster808 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:03 pm

i do a ton of hunting on the bay with my dad and about three other guys. if you do your homework and hit it right you can be limited out 15 to 30 minutes after shooting time. other times you will get a few here and a few there and be limited out by 9-10:00 you just have to know the areas.....you have to do it just before a strong cold front comes down from canada......it seems to pus the migrations....sometimes we will get 500-600ducks into our spread at one time....now thats AWSOME!!! if you need any info on anything else let me know...

duckbuster808
duckbuster808
hunter

Sainaw Bay

Postby Cotz » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:59 am

Hey the bay can be great for ducks and geese. Try Fish Pointe for some wonderful shooting. If you are going to just go out and set up some where you are going to have get to know the bays' duck hot spots, weather conditions(it can and does get brutal, shallow water really can get rough), and launch points. Try Fish Pointe waterfowl refuge controlled hunts first, and talk with many of the hunters that go there. They hunt all over the bay and give you many tips.
Cotz
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting