Geese

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Geese

Postby Cobra » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:27 pm

Anybody been doing anything lately? Thought about going today but we decided to fish a lake across the road from one of our better fields and it turned out to be a good call. Fished from 6:30 to 11:00 and only saw 3 geese total. Last weekend they were everwhere and flying constantly, got 3 but shot like a disoriented rookie (3-19), still shot better than my partner though which is the important point. Did see a flock of about 25 BW Teal buzzing around as well as a surprising number of Mallards and Woodies. Think it's just a bit warm for them at present. Good signs are that alot of the bean fields are dropping leaves already and most of the corn has turned color as well. Stuff might be gone in time this year to give the flight birds a good chance of stopping to eat and maybe sticking around a bit.
Cobra
hunter

Postby maddiedog » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:43 am

It is way to warm! My buddy shot two. They were the only ones they saw.
maddiedog
hunter

Postby Woody27 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:08 pm

We shot 2 on Friday and 1 on Sunday but we have not seen many geese and our corn field was recently cut so I'm a bit nervous normally they are staning on their heads by now. We'll rest it until Thursday and then get out for the last day.
Woody27
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:50 pm

this has been a realy hard early season for day to day the birds are totaly different and go to different places instead of going to feed and things like that which has made it a slow season
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Layout » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:04 pm

It's been a "smash a thon" so far. :yes:
A ton of lead anchors

- Long live the retired "duck bus".
Layout
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:57 pm

yea i wish i was up there if your getting them. But once the cold comes ill be getting them and you'll be frozen out
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting