@ mason county-scottville , ludington area

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

@ mason county-scottville , ludington area

Postby knockdownducks » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:58 am

hey guys i though it would be cool to see how many hunters would be on here from around where i hunt .....
knockdownducks
hunter

Postby maddiedog » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:04 am

I grew up there! I have hunted every pot hole that you can find around there. Went to school over here on the east side and found a job over here. I still get over there and hunt with some buddies once and a while.
maddiedog
hunter

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:20 am

My mom is from that area....My grandparents used to live about 10 miles south of Scottville on U.S. 31 and I had a great Aunt that used to live on Kinney Rd. Spent a lot of GREAT summers up there, and did some hunting while the family owned property up there....sadly, it's all been sold. :thumbsdown:
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

PM Lake

Postby TopGunMich » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:28 pm

Late in the yr, PM lake used to have a ton of divers to shoot. We used to hunt the north end of Hamlin, but it was hit or miss, plus too much company. Try the PM, late in the yr.
STIMULUS PKG THAT WOULD WORK: PUT A $1000 DOLLAR REWARD ON THE 15 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, $2500 ON DRUG DEALERS, & $5000 ON TERROIST, $10000 ON POLITICANS !!!!!!
TopGunMich
hunter

Postby michigander » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:07 pm

I live right here in good ole' Scottville. I wish more ducks did!
michigander
hunter

Postby maddiedog » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:11 am

PM lake used to be fun to hunt. Now the marshes are down and the steelhead fisherman are WAY UP. Last year we had a guy seriously cast in the middle of our spread. I would stay away from PM. I did good in pentwater during late season last year.
maddiedog
hunter

allright where are they ?

Postby knockdownducks » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:13 pm

lol its another season of chase em down this is the 5th year in a row that im having to really road hunt and look for birds roosting has anyone hunted neilens marsh? im going to take the 21st through the 27th off to hit hamlin again. opener was awesome but its slowed down since any flights yet?
and also who is the crack head that is setting up so close to people in the river i get out there 2-3 hours before shooting time and someone keeps setting on my swing 150 yards is cool but they might as well come sit with me and my guys,......... if steel is hitting in my boat you are to damn close.o hey michigander i live in scottville also.
knockdownducks
hunter

Postby maddiedog » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:07 am

I used to hunt up in the marsh all of the time. I would paddle up river the whole way and have it to myself. Unfortunatly it is built up a little and last time I was there seven other groups were there as well. Just like everywhere else in Mason County. I tried to hunt on Oct. 22 in the PM and there were guys everywhere!
maddiedog
hunter

go there now

Postby knockdownducks » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:13 pm

i bet me and you will be the only boats there i hunt off the point 2 bends up.
and the birds are comin down, so it is going to be a good weekend also with the riflers it will be so quite there.......cant wait and the boards are out so if you got a motor you cant get where we hunt becuase the center of the river is only 6 inches deep....try the front of the island and go in the rice.
knockdownducks
hunter

Hamlin

Postby Head Shot » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:57 am

So just wondering how you guys did on Hamlin last week? We used to hunt it frequently but have not in the last few years.
Head Shot
Newb

Postby knockdownducks » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:53 pm

its 2 more weeks to go and im breakin ice except for the warm weather is helping things stay open for a couple of days...... the hunting is hit and miss we got 4 geese last weekend and didnt see a single duck
knockdownducks
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting