walpole island

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

walpole island

Postby Admin2 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:12 pm

The Walpole Island topic has been deleted because guides who happen to be members here went over the line and were basically advertising their services. That is not allowed. If you want to become a sponsor, then you may advertise your club/service/product/etc, otherwise it is considered free advertising and that is not allowed.

Please respect our Terms and Conditions of DHC.

Admin2
Last edited by Admin2 on Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby quackerkiller » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:15 pm

i wasn't sure on the those that you took off but i had deleted one before that had a url to a guide site. thanks for the help
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

deleted message ,,,

Postby bkejwanong1971 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:07 pm

hello ,,, the url address that i had offered is the site of a inn ,,, the only one that i know of that has a list of guides for walpole island ,and mitchells bay.
i myself am a hunter and guide also am new to this site i wasnt offerin my guide services ,plannly offering information to interested people in the hunting here on walpole island ,,,my number is not on this list nor do i have affiliation with the oaks inn of wallaceburg .
sorry for any misunderstanding.
bkejwanong1971
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:15 pm

no prob but the admins don;t take kindly to any kind of spam it will be gone before you can put it up or anything even talking about how much guides cost and thing of that nature
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cobra » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:09 pm

It started as a good, solid post and replies. When it began drifting towards $$ and possible guide services I referred it to admin2 for his assesment. Sorry for any problems it may have caused but my intent was/is to keep the forums clean from possible spam.
Cobra
hunter

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:43 am

For those who may be considering hunting Walpole Island....remember this: it is a foreign country, and different rules apply. I know that Canada has different bag limits, nontoxic shot regulations, shooting hours and bag limits, ect. If I remember correctly, there were some American hunters who got into trouble over on Walpole a few years back.....don't remember the specific details, just that I read something about it in the paper, and USFWS was involved. Make sure YOU know the rules and regs, because from what I've heard in the past, some of the guides either don't know or don't care, and you will be held accountable if caught.
Also, screen your prospective guide thoroughly.....know of one fellow who went over there and shot a limit, including a pintail. When he went to leave, all his birds were already frozen (this was for a one day hunt) and when he asked about the pintail, he was told it was already processed (he wanted to take it to the taxidermist) and when he got home and thawed out his ducks, he found out that they were not the birds he shot, but ones from a previous hunt........Caveat Emptor!
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

Postby poacher » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:22 am

Yes, screen your guide thoroughly...and yes, some people didget into some trouble, lets see if i can recall the infractions. Over the limit, shooting and calling after dark, shooting from a moving boat, not looking for downed birds, no plugs in the gun...there was a sting by the Ministry of Natural Resources a few years ago. It has cleaned up since. It is the guides responsibility, but as with most things, money talks and when a hunter offers more of it to shoot another bird things go off track sometimes. There are more ligit guides than corrupt, i cannot recommend any on this forum.

Admins, may i recommend ligit guides, who i have no affiliation with, using the PM feature?
"teal, teal, albino teal....wait, those are seagulls...take em.

wait till they line up and cross, 1 shell 2 birds
poacher
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting