OK, now how did it go today?

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

OK, now how did it go today?

Postby Cobra » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:10 pm

Me, I should have went fishing. Was afraid of this, just haven't seen much the last week or so. They're around just not doing much. Saw 1 flock of 8 that went into a 100 acre field down the road where they were in the process of picking corn. Fair amount of Mallards, Woodies and Teal buzzing around. To bad Crow closed yesterday, could of nailed a basket full. Oh well, time to get focused for the next couple of months.
Cobra
hunter

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:43 pm

I went out this evening to hunt state land.....someone needs to tell the $*#&^$ bowhunters that just because it's bow season, doesn't mean they own the damn land! :pissed: Went to hunt a PUBLIC lake, but couldn't do it....some bow hunters parked their camper in the godddam pullout! Went and found a clover field right next to the refuge.....went to hide in the weeds and heard someone say "Gee, thanks alot!".....turned out a bowhunter was in a tree....50 yards from the road! :pissed: Told him I wasn't looking up for bowhunters, and that it was opening day of goose as well as bow. Moved down a bit, but I've just about had it with these @****** who put out a bag of carrots or apples and think the entire section of land belongs to them. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Did see a fair amount of birds; unfortunately, they were all high and none came overhead until after legal shooting time (when I was on the road back to my car, while the bowhunter was still in his tree hunting (illegaly! :pissed: )
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

Postby Cobra » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:07 pm

Sounds like the same reasons I don't hunt state land anymore for anything until January :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: . Way to many arrogant, narcissistic types hanging in the trees. Personally think bowhunters should have to wear some orange on state lands, regardless. It doesn't seem to hurt anything during gun season, and it would be safer for everyone. It'll never happen, to much $$$ involved in bowhunting for the DNR to get anywhere near it. :thumbsdown: :pissed: .
Cobra
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:37 pm

i went out saturday morning and got 2 and this morning i went out and got zero which wasn't fun but it was nice out so i didn't complain much.
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cobra » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:40 pm

Decided to try and sleep in past 5:30 for the first ime in a long time, no alarm and made it to 6:15. Oh well, have 95% of the stuff that needs to get done before duck season done so I'm in decent shape there. Then I watched the Lions game...... :help: ...... :thumbsdown: :pissed: Joey :thumbsdown: :pissed: Offensive play calling :thumbsdown: :pissed: At least the Red Wings start this week :thumbsup: :salude:
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Postby TopGunMich » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:46 pm

Next time, a guy parks in the boat launch, push his truck in. Or at least borrow his lug nuts. A jar of vasoline smeared on the windsheild is very hard to get off, mite remind him to park in the right spot.
STIMULUS PKG THAT WOULD WORK: PUT A $1000 DOLLAR REWARD ON THE 15 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, $2500 ON DRUG DEALERS, & $5000 ON TERROIST, $10000 ON POLITICANS !!!!!!
TopGunMich
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting