River Raisin

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

River Raisin

Postby SL80Shooter » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:11 am

Does anyone know if hunting is allowed on the River Raisin in Lenawee County? I just moved to Tecumseh Township and the river is behind my house. Any info would be appreciated.
SL80Shooter
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:56 am

yea for all i know you can down in monroe you can if you have access.
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby buster_22 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:55 pm

Hey SL80shooter, I live in Clinton were neighbors? WELCOME :thumbsup:
Never stand down wind of Buster "the spitter" 22 when he is calling on his SMM ! :laughing:

courtesy of Admin2 :thumbsup:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby SL80Shooter » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:56 pm

Hey Buster 22,
Are there any good places to hunt nearby? Of course I'm not looking for any of your top secret spots. I just need to know where to start. The river looks really good and is close by, but I can't get anybody to answer my questions. I've talked to the DNR, the town board, and various other people and I still have no idea if I can hunt or not. Thanks for any info.
SL80Shooter
hunter

Raisin river

Postby nosleeptillbrooklyn » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:02 pm

The way I understand it is that you can only hunt rivers if you own or have permission to hunt that particular spot unless it is public land on both sides. you might want to try the raisin where it goes through sharon valley state game area just west of manchester. It's hit and miss there. I usually float down it in my canoe. there is a map at the DNR website www.mich.gov/dnr. It also explains river hunting regulations.
Together we stand tall, Divided we fall hard.
nosleeptillbrooklyn
hunter

Postby Woody27 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:26 pm

I have floated the river there and killed some woodies. Best to go during the week
Woody27
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:46 am

I am from Tecumseh and as far as I know the raisin river is open to hunting as long as it is outside city limits. I know that a ton of birds (mainly geese) are held up on the river on the north side of town, but they are all just inside city limits (go figure).
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting