Munuscong Bay

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Munuscong Bay

Postby goosecaller » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:55 am

I would like to know some info on Munuscong Bay. I do not need any hot spots or anything like that. I would like to know what equipment I need to hunt up there. Is it marsh land around the edges to walk in, or boat only. I have an 18 foot Triton so I can set up for divers in the big waters, but I really like to hunt mallards on the shore as well. Mud Motor needed in all areas? Is it crowded at all times or can you get away? I was looking at going late Oct, not opening weekend. Any information would be great. Thanks a lot
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Re: Munuscong Bay

Postby LayedOut » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:59 pm

WE have hunted there a few times. Lots of marsh! I am sure you could do a walk in, but honestly i'm not positive. We have hunted from boats with mud motors. Watch out for the fan boats! I had a bad experience with a few guys feeling like they don't have to use the canals, and just cut through the 10' grass, only thing that stopped them was a few gunshots before they ran us over.

WE will be up there lat october too, we will be bouncing between there and Lake Superior.
"Down in front...Commin right down the middle, LOCKED and LOADED...........TAKE EM"
LayedOut
Forum Moderator

Re: Munuscong Bay

Postby Michigan Sniper » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:16 pm

Some guys I know at Lake Superior State University have done walk in hunts with limited success.
How many bluebills, cans, redheads, pintails, and black ducks can they shoot in Canada (and Mexico)?
Michigan Sniper
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting