Swan Lake Duck Hunting

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Swan Lake Duck Hunting

Postby AddictedtoQuack » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:59 am

Swan Lake is only 2 hours away from my house but I'm embarrased to admit I've never hunted around there. Is it really as crowded as I hear?
AddictedtoQuack
hunter

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:27 pm

It's really bad in my opinion. Too much skybusting to boot and it's a place I stay away from.
Nick

Postby AddictedtoQuack » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:38 pm

skybusting...... :( :? annoying isn't it!
AddictedtoQuack
hunter

Ive heard good things

Postby minkmusk » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:27 pm

Ive personally heard some good things about the Swan Lake region i dont know why not to hunt there one of my relatives lives right next to the lake and it looks like a good lake but personally never tried hunting it i usually hunt west of there about 40mins
minkmusk

swan lake hunting

Postby webfoot1 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:44 pm

I have several friends & family that live near Swan Lake. YES!! it can be crowded. Especially opening weekend & late season when the bills are moving. Some hunters stay overnight in thier blind when the hunting is good.

Webfoot1
webfoot1
Newb

Postby pj » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:49 pm

A lot of guys will set up down wind of you five mins before shooting time. Some public land hunters can be very rude.
For every tear a smile.
pj
hunter

Swan Lake in St Peter, MN Duck Opener

Postby mallard maniac » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:13 pm

Hello fellow waterfowl hunters! I'm taking a couple of good friends to Swan on Thursday. Looking for any helpful hints on where to hunt. We hunted the south bay. 4 ducks on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. Red heads and teal. I am new to the site. Any pointers were be appreciated.

Here's to good hunting!
mallard maniac
Newb

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting