Get ready--this next week should have fresh ducks moving in.

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

Get ready--this next week should have fresh ducks moving in.

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:55 pm

There should be seasonal ducks around now, like Cans, Redheads, Ringbills, Gadwalls, and Widgeon.
There is a cold front poised to move in Sunday night that will put our temps into normal range. That should push new migrating ducks into MN, especially Mallards and possibly Bills. :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gunman » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:56 pm

in Brainerd i'm already seeing it, in the last few days there are more birds on the lakes every morning on my way to work. big bloomed northern birds...mostly mallards and of course divers. -Chris
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:17 am

I heard of several reports that on Wed and yesterday new ducks moved into nothern 1/2 of MN. It is colder up north, here in S MN it is in the 60s, up there its in the 40s.

Tomorrow is to be a major wind--35mph-so be careful on the water and wear life jackets.
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby waterwolve » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:34 pm

gunman where you hunt around brainerd? I live and hunt around Garrison. I've seen a pond that has thousands of mallards coming in just before dark, but it is very thick with rice , nobody hunting there at all. Other than that spot haven't seen many others.
waterwolve
hunter

Postby gunman » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:58 pm

hey i think i know the pond your talking about! man you should call me sometime, we'll have to conspire a way to infiltrate there hideout...I'm almost certian you can hunt it, i haven't quit figured out why no one has. let me know the birds are a coming!! -Chris
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:28 pm

I heard a good movement of birds into MN and ND on Sunday- large flocks of divers a few Mallards too.
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gunman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:35 pm

man, my buddy and i went out yesturday on Pelican lake, in about an hour and ahalf we saw about 500 birds!!!! and if the wind wasn't going about 35mpr at faces we might of had a chance at em! i knew the wind was all wrong for that side of the lake, but from what the reports were going to be, we had to atleast try...man now i ran out of time before deer opener! i might be able to work in a day to hit the lake during the deer season...HMmmmmmm -Chris
--------------------
gunman
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting