where is my best bet for this weekend?

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

where is my best bet for this weekend?

Postby dukkilr6 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:59 pm

I'm wondering where I should hunt this weekend. I dont have a boat so that limits me alot. I have only shot 5 ducks in minnesota all year, and I need atleast 1 limit before the season is over. Somebody help me out with this one.

Thanks

dukkilr6
dukkilr6
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:32 pm

i could give ya acouple spots but you'll need a boat......OOwwww wait, i just thought of a spot you could try on some decent sized water....its on "Rock Lake" its over by Pillsberry State Forest near the town of Pillager. County Road #1 runs from Pillager to Pine River, if you get on #1 from pillager and head North towards Pine River, go about 10-15 miles and the lake is on your left. there is a real small parking spot for about 2/3 cars tops. from there you can see the point. Park the car, walk threw the woods to the point....happy hunting....let me know if you decie to do this..later! -Chris owwwww so many spots to hunt so little time!!!!
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:53 pm

Try the potholes west of you about an hour away. There is State and lots of Fed land with potholes on them. many are wadable.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting