THE NORTHERN FLIGHT IS HERE!

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

THE NORTHERN FLIGHT IS HERE!

Postby vitaminE » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:49 pm

A coworker just got a call from a game warden from the Squaw Lake / Bowsting area. Apparently THOUSANDS of ringbills and bluebills showed up in the area overnight. Just in time for the end of the season! I'm sure glad I had the opportunity to shoot NO DUCKS a week early this year. What would you rather hunt - a handful of tame, dock fed mallards in September, or huge flocks of northern divers in November? IDIOCY!
vitaminE
Banned

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:22 pm

I would like to see a split season choice for the MN hunters. Meaning you have a Choice of option A which runs continuously for the entire season or Option B which has a 12 day split in Oct. give the hunters the CHOICE-do not mandate one or the other onto the hunters. This would keep everybody happy.
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Grounder » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:03 pm

Ya I live in Southern MN and I went out to Scout for a field for next weekend and i saw about a thousand mallards on roost. Then later I saw flock after flock I mean hundreds if not thousands more flying over Haward and head south and meet up wth them and feed with them if was the most ducks I've seen in this area all year.
Grounder
hunter

Also on my way to see the inlaws in ND...

Postby vitaminE » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:52 am

...we drove through Bemidji. Lake Bemidji - right by the hwy on the southern shore - had at least 1000 ducks and geese sitting on it. Oh well, we'll get 'em next year.
vitaminE
Banned

Postby gunman » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:22 pm

didn't we say that last year??? owww man..........
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby Quackkills9 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:21 am

Yeah, I've seen the divers and geese on Lake Bemidji, they come every year when it starts getting colder and i have not checked since last week, there was no ice at all but maybe there is some ice now, will check later today :getdown: waiting for ice fishin season :thumbsup:
"Get Down and Cover Up!" -Tim Grounds
"In Yo' Face!"
"My Retriever is Smarter than Your Honor Student!"
Quackkills9
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting