Early Goose

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Re: Early Goose

Postby beretta24 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:53 pm

No different than the current early season...might even get em lulled into a false sense of security :)
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby MNjonboatguy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:43 pm

Yeah I always wondered if the ducks really move out because of early goose hunting pressure. With a month and a half of gunfire and no ducks dying, maybe they will get comfy? A guy can hope...
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby goldfish » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm going to go out there in blaze orange. The ducks will get used to being safe around the guy in blaze orange. Then come duck season... Awe whom I kidding, they will still be safe even if I'm shooting at them

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:47 pm

This could be interesting...most the birds might be farther along, but we are two weeks out and I saw some young mallards and woodies tonight that couldn't fly. I bet they'll be tender though if they haven't gotten in the air yet. :hammer:
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Ducks22 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:57 am

Ya I would agree it could be very interesting. Went for a drive this weekend to get permission for some pastures and wheat feilds that will be ready by then and came across some very little geese. Couple areas they were still fuzzy and only about 8-10 inches tall. Definately will not be ready, but will be tender for whomever is going to be hunting water. :fingerpt: . Other areas look very promising, larger groups are starting to move a little bit in the morning. Going to get the new trailer ready this week.
Ducks22
hunter

Postby iFAIL » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:21 am

Looks like i'm getting out there this early season of August hunt. Good luck everyone
That horrible duck call, it was I!
iFAIL
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:39 pm

I barely have time to get out for the regular early season so I'm definitely not gonna be able to make it out for the early early season. I'd like to get out but it's hard to get motivated to hunt while I can still lay out on a lake and fish.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Previous

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting