Shotgun Shopping for Benelli Vinci

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Shotgun Shopping for Benelli Vinci

Postby MNjonboatguy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone on here has a Benelli Vinci or Super Vinci yet?

I'm looking to buy one of these relatively soon. If anyone's bought one in MN, could you let me know of any problems you've had and where the best place to buy is?

Best prices and service seem to be at Joe's Sporting Goods or down at Ahlman's in Morristown. I just can't understand how they can go from 1299 for the 3inch vinci and then 1699 for the 3.5inch super vinci. I'm having trouble justifying the extra dough, especially because I rarely ever shoot them. Appreciate any advice you guys have.

-Ryan
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Re: Shotgun Shopping for Benelli Vinci

Postby beretta24 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:48 pm

There is only one reason they cost that much more, period. People want them. I have shot 3.5" guns but never owned one. I shoot a benelli M2 for waterfowl most of the time and have no complaints. For me it's just more money up front for a heavier gun, more money for shells....just can't justify it.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Ducks22 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 am

Since your looking for opinions I will throw mine out there. I own a 3.5 SX3 and the next gun I buy will not have the capability to hold 3.5 shells. There is no need for them. They only get you more shot, they do not make it so you can shoot farther, the speeds are not different and you will not kill more birds with a 3.5 vs a 3 inch gun. Go to the store pick which gun fits you best adn go with that one. Save the extra $400 and put it toward something useful like decoys or something else that will help you enjoy your duck hunting experiences. Plus you will save a couple $$ per box of shells. Good luck and happy shopping. Oh and the Benelli is that much because it is a benelli. Paying for the name.
Ducks22
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:24 pm

I agree with these guys. I was soooooooooo close to buying a Vinci last spring after my tax refund and but got a significantly cheaper gun (Super Nova but I don't regret it. it's a good gun) because I just couldn't quite justify the need for quite that nice of a gun. But I wouldn't even consider an extra $400 for a 3.5 inch gun.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby doubletheshovel » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:47 pm

I am also looking to possibly buy a vinci. I have a nova and can shoot 3.5 but if I go with a vinci it wont be the super and the money I save will go towards lots of shells to put through the new gun.
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Postby MNWaterfowler22 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:59 am

Just bought a Super Vinci before last waterfowl season and absolutely love it. I have had zero malfunctions in all kinds of weather from pouring rain, snow, subfreezing conditions not a single hiccup during a hunt or a sporting clays session. Best piece of advice go and shoulder, swing all the guns your are considering and pick the one you think feels the best yeah the prices maybe steep but a shotgun is an investment and should hopefully last you a very long time. After the success I have had with my SV it will not be replaced in a very long time. As for the 3" or 3.5" debate...I don't shoot them either no need for them but people I hunt with use them and if you ever run out of shells and all other people have is 3.5" you SOL your hunts done. Or if you are in a goose blind and everyone around you thinks the only way to take down a honker is with a 3.5" shell and you don't have anymore 3" again you are SOL. Think of the 3.5" capability as a luxury its like heated seats in a car do I really need heated seats in a car hell no but sure is nice when I slide into my car and it's -20° With whatever you decide good luck. I will take my Super Vinci over any other autoloading shotgun any day of the year, may sound arrogant or fanboyish but I don't care why...because it is what works for me.
If that doesn't light your fire, your woods wet!
MNWaterfowler22
hunter

Postby suicidal_scaup » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:26 pm

I am not familiar with prices of the Vinci, but when I bought my Beretta, I went to Cabelas and price matched to Mel's Sports Shop in Spicer. Mels was cheaper, but Cabelas had a $150 gift card they gave with a $500 or more purchase. They may not have the Vinci, but they have a ton of guns. I would give them a call and check it out. They are really knowledgable and help a ton. Just my $.02...no need to listen if you would like. Good luck with your purchase!
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 am

Every time I'm in in Mel's it seems like everyone who works these is always giving me dirty looks, its like they don't want my money or something.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby MNjonboatguy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Thanks for the knowledge guys. I ended up with a vinci and got it at Joe's sporting goods. Their guys were good to work with and they had the best price it seems. Now if anyone knows where I can get an extended magazine tube ill be in business for nd snow geese next month!

I've been lookin but haven't found anything for the vinci, plenty for sbe2 or m2 though.
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 pm

I'd do some searching online
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby suicidal_scaup » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:15 pm

MinnesotaDan wrote:Every time I'm in in Mel's it seems like everyone who works these is always giving me dirty looks, its like they don't want my money or something.

Why do you think I price matched at Cabelas (other than the free gift card)? I worked in that area for 8 years. They always have treated me that same way.
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Jeez well I'm kinda glad at least I'm not the only one. My family has a cabin on Green so I've been there way too many times to buy stuff I forgot to bring out, but now I always make sure to get bait on my way out there cause Mel's leeches always suck. Okay... That wasn't meant to be a pun.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting