Duck Dynasty

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby beretta24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:28 am

I have no reason to think you're a bad person...just seems like 90 percent of the time you post there's something negative to be said. Life's short, live it up! :beer:
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby goldfish » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:11 am

I haven't seen that from MN dan, maybe it's post season/winter blues?

The ring episode they were duck hunting, but not showing the kill, which I get. Not everyone wants to see that, doesn't bother me. I don't think they could talk about not setting up on others or other common swamp courtesy though because they hunt their own land.

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:50 pm

beretta24 wrote:I have no reason to think you're a bad person...just seems like 90 percent of the time you post there's something negative to be said. Life's short, live it up! :beer:

Nooooo I'm negative quite THAT much. I'm just a hater sometimes.

daggum cabin fever must be gettin to me.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:04 pm

No worries, besides you're one of the few guys from MN that frequents the forum. It'd be a heck of a deal if some of the lurkers would join into the fray now and then.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby goldfish » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Just post up your honey hole and you can chat with them in the swamp, lol

sent from a phancy fone

goldfish
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:59 pm

Even without that its kinda weird. There are a lot of other forum that get more local traffic, but I have always liked the general crowd on here a little better. Fewer people braggin' up their big numbers, and then ripping anyone asking for advice. don't get me wrong, I get that the scouters kinda get what they have coming but some places a newb can't even ask about techniques.

Well, maybe the dog forum and CI forum get out of hand, but for the most parts things stay pretty decent.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby doubletheshovel » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:30 pm

There is a lot of criticism in other forums for asking questions about certain things but I have found that the minnesota duck hunting forum is a great place to learn about bird movements and share some great stories from around the state. Hopefully after this epicly long off season and yes I just made up the word epicly and probably did't spell it right either grammar and spelling were not my strong subjects but I digress hopefully we will all have great seasons.
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Postby hayward2147 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:08 pm

goldfish wrote:I haven't seen that from MN dan, maybe it's post season/winter blues?

The ring episode they were duck hunting, but not showing the kill, which I get. Not everyone wants to see that, doesn't bother me. I don't think they could talk about not setting up on others or other common swamp courtesy though because they hunt their own land.

sent from a phancy fone

id bet money that on the ring show they were not hunting. in a blind with guns, yes. but for sure not really hunting, just set up to look like it. im sure the ducks flying that they showed were from their dvdfootage. Just sayin
Facepaint is for clowns and indians
hayward2147
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 pm

I wouldn't argue that. I wouldnt watch it for hunting that's for sure.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby goldfish » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:03 pm

hayward2147 wrote:
goldfish wrote:I haven't seen that from MN dan, maybe it's post season/winter blues?

sent from a phancy fone

id bet money that on the ring show they were not hunting. in a blind with guns, yes. but for sure not really hunting, just set up to look like it. im sure the ducks flying that they showed were from their dvdfootage. Just sayin

I wouldn't put it past them

doubletheshovel wrote:There is a lot of criticism in other forums for asking questions about certain things but I have found that the minnesota duck hunting forum is a great place to learn about bird movements and share some great stories from around the state. Hopefully after this epicly long off season and yes I just made up the word epicly and probably did't spell it right either grammar and spelling were not my strong subjects but I digress hopefully we will all have great seasons.

You made the word, you can make the spelling :D

sent from a phancy fone

goldfish
hunter

Postby pondhopper32 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Wow I haven't checked this forum in a while! I for one love the Duck Dynasty show. It is a little cheesy sometimes and I wish they showed more duck hunting like the old show they had on Outdoor Channel, but the best part about this for me is my fiance loves watching it with me. She thinks Si is hilarious, and I think she identifies with the close nit family. She used to think I was a freak for devoting my entire fall to duck hunting, skipping out on work, blowing off responsibilities etc. I think she understands a little better now that it goes with the territory when you love duck hunting LOL.

and by the way I think you're all good guys but if you are set up in my spot in the morning I will shoot! Haha
pondhopper32
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Welcome back PH
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby goldfish » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 pm

pondhopper32 wrote:and by the way I think you're all good guys but if you are set up in my spot in the morning I will shoot! Haha

I'll share it with ya ;)

sent from a phancy fone

goldfish
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 pm

goldfish wrote:
pondhopper32 wrote:and by the way I think you're all good guys but if you are set up in my spot in the morning I will shoot! Haha

I'll share it with ya ;)

sent from a phancy fone

Just watch out for the claymores from the last time I was there.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby goldfish » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:48 pm

beretta24 wrote:
goldfish wrote:

I'll share it with ya ;)

sent from a phancy fone

Just watch out for the claymores from the last time I was there.

Judging from our weather patterns, the trip wire will be frozen so no worries

sent from a phancy fone

goldfish
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Noted....I'll have to make some changes this summer. :thumbsup:
beretta24
State Moderator

Previous

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting