8 Days Away!!!! Thoughts?

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderator: hillbilly..

Re: 8 Days Away!!!! Thoughts?

Postby MinnesotaDan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:42 pm

Where I work usually the mornings are pretty loud with geese as the city birds fly out to the country to feed, but I've only seen a few flocks so far. I'm really curious what its gonna be like in the next few days.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby iFAIL » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Once someone starts shooting and if they get spooked they will be flying. Maybe short distance only but i still haven't seen and geese flying.
That horrible duck call, it was I!
iFAIL
hunter

Postby doubletheshovel » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:20 pm

I called the DNR on fishing while duck hunting. You can not use a decoy as a "jug" because that is not allowed in the state. Another key thing is that the boat you are in must be registered cuz as the person said a lot of the duck boats are not registered. So fish away if you are in a registered boat and not using a decoy as the bobber.
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Postby goldfish » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:13 am

Good to know. Thanks for checking into that for us.

sent from a phancy fone
xrated wrote:All work benches spend most time as disorganized piles of crap. Only to be cleaned and organized when you have no real projects but want to avoid working on projects you have avoided for the last 6 months.
goldfish
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:22 am

I think that might have been explaind a little wrong. There's a differnce between jug fishing and bobber fishin. Co might interpret the question and answer diffrently. Now the way I'm understanding it is that you cannot just toss out a dek with a hook& bait. That would be jug fishing....now if you had a fishing pole with line attached to the dek with hook&bait I see that as a big boober.
hillbilly..
State Moderator

Postby dfrauenkron » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:00 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:I think that might have been explaind a little wrong. There's a differnce between jug fishing and bobber fishin. Co might interpret the question and answer diffrently. Now the way I'm understanding it is that you cannot just toss out a dek with a hook& bait. That would be jug fishing....now if you had a fishing pole with line attached to the dek with hook&bait I see that as a big boober.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I agree!
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby doubletheshovel » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Hillbilly, you are correct. I meant to say don't use your decoy as a jug now that I read it back. If you had a hook on the decoy attached to a line on a pole that would be a bobber and that would be just fine.
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Postby goldfish » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:07 am

hillbilly.. wrote:now if you had a fishing pole with line attached to the dek with hook&bait I see that as a big boober.

Either I'm curious what your big boober decoys are, or the story oughta be a good one that you have that word in your autocorrect, lol

sent from a phancy fone
xrated wrote:All work benches spend most time as disorganized piles of crap. Only to be cleaned and organized when you have no real projects but want to avoid working on projects you have avoided for the last 6 months.
goldfish
hunter

Postby suicidal_scaup » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:21 am

goldfish wrote:
hillbilly.. wrote:now if you had a fishing pole with line attached to the dek with hook&bait I see that as a big boober.

Either I'm curious what your big boober decoys are, or the story oughta be a good one that you have that word in your autocorrect, lol

sent from a phancy fone

This was a great comment to wake up to...great way to start the day!
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Just a slip of the thumb I dnt do that t 9stuff. Ment to say bobber. But boober is now gona be in my vocab.
hillbilly..
State Moderator

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:26 pm

Lots of geese near chandler, but I'm here on work and no gun :mad:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Previous

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting