Got mine today! Who gets there's???

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Got mine today! Who gets there's???

Postby Mort » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:46 pm

I've been getting a pictorial stamp since I was 16, I think there important to the state.

Funds raised through the sale of Mn state stamps pay for waterfowl research, management and habitat.

If you didn't get one this year, think about it next year. Pass it on to your kids or someone else for a keep sake.
Mort
hunter

Re: Got mine today! Who gets there's???

Postby StuStiltman » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:29 pm

I didn't get the paper stamp, I guess I probably should for a keepsake but it bothers me that prices go up and you get less, (higher licence prices and no stamp). Anyways for a keepsake I have the waterfowl supplements from the late 70's to this year, thanks to my dad.
StuStiltman
hunter

Location: kinda between Fergus, DL and lawndale. draw a triangle on a map, I'm in there

Postby beretta24 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 pm

The state is getting enough of my cash to spend on stupid schit...no confidence that money would be spent any better. I can always donate elsewhere.

I get the sentimental aspect though. Have most if not all my fed stamps.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby hillbilly.. » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:10 am

I gor my feds from the last 3 years..bugs me that the quit sending people the banding info it was by far the cheapest thing they do.
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:06 am

Band info is only available online now, you get a printer friendly email. Its better than nothing but not nearly as nice as the old certificates you used to get in the mail.
StuStiltman
hunter

Location: kinda between Fergus, DL and lawndale. draw a triangle on a map, I'm in there

Postby chasing the GREEN » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Yea I was disappointed when they said that the band info is through email now. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the email? got 2 bands Sunday and haven't gotten the email yet... isn't technology supposed to speed things up lol
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Postby Mort » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Congrats on the bands! The las one I got was when they were sending out the postcards!! Drake mallard!
Mort
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:00 am

[quote="StuStiltman"]Band info is only available online now, you get a printer friendly email. Its better than nothing but not nearly as nice as the old certificates you used to get in the mail.[/quote
That wat I read wen they first did away with It. I guess you could find your own thicker paper to print on. Might not be a big deal to those that have a layard full of metal.
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby goldfish » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:56 am

I've never bothered to collect the stamps, but I got my feed in the mail the other day. I bought my state and pheasant stamp when I got my sports license back in May

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:08 pm

I always get mine even when I tell them not to send me them. They can never figure it out whenever I'm in there. Last year in Holiday they even got my deer license wrong and I didn't get in the doe tag lottery. Saw 8 does opening morning and not a single buck.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting