MN 2013/2014 Seasons Photos

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Re: MN 2013/2014 Seasons Photos

Postby Northcoast » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:23 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384226580.209952.jpg
Northcoast
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Was 13 out this am when I hit the stand.
Not like TX...
Redneck heater worked wonders:
Burns odorless

Gave up at 9. Walked out and swapped guns with the old man and headed off to get a game camera. Swapped guns because my 25-06 has a hvy bbl on it.

Walked down the trail and saw movement in the thick brush. Saw horns. Then watched them disappear. Then saw her head in the brush. 60-70 yard free hand shot through the brush. One to the head from a .270. Dirt nap provided.
Very blessed this weekend.

"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:53 pm

man oh man im still tired from hunting well guys your gona have to wait another day or 2 for my write
up and pictures for the week. had its up and downs. and probly put a hunting partnership on the fringe.... but when i do my right up youll all beable to make your own call.
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Northcoast » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Way to leave us hanging lol
Northcoast
hunter

Postby mutthunt » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:18 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:man oh man im still tired from hunting well guys your gona have to wait another day or 2 for my write
up and pictures for the week. had its up and downs. and probly put a hunting partnership on the fringe.... but when i do my right up youll all beable to make your own call.

The suspense!
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers
mutthunt
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:20 am

I love a good beef. I hope its a good one.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:35 am

MinnesotaDan wrote:I love a good beef. I hope its a good one.

I think you mean, Venison in your case Dan lol
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:00 am

wanapasaki wrote:

haha I was talking bout hillbilly's last post about how he seems to have had a potential falling out with a buddy, like I love hearing about their beef or drama they had.

But I do literally love venison, haha
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:09 am

MinnesotaDan wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:

haha I was talking bout hillbilly's last post about how he seems to have had a potential falling out with a buddy, like I love hearing about their beef or drama they had.

If you have too much, you can always send some my way :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:09 am

MinnesotaDan wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:

Wait a minute...

Whaddaya mean "literally love venison"... :hammer:

Sorry... had to do it. :biggrin:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Northcoast wrote:Way to leave us hanging lol

Yep why do you think I haven't put any pictures on facebook either
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Gunnysway wrote:
MinnesotaDan wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:

Wait a minute...

Whaddaya mean "literally love venison"... :hammer:

Sorry... had to do it. :biggrin:

One of my pet peeves is when people say literally all the time and when it isn't even appropriate, and daggumit I just did it.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby Swamp Gas » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:11 pm

Lol! :lol3:

I know someone who uses is out of context every other sentence...literally.

My biggest one is Umm.
Swamp Gas
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:12 pm

:lol3:

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:34 pm

My buddy always looks at his aqua-vu screen and says "the whole screen was literally one giant walleye!"

No.... you're screen was not a giant walleye.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby Ducks22 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Had an amazing time in ND last week. Some days were better than others but we went out with the primary focus to shoot mallards and we did shoot some every day. Started the trip on Sunday and drove to and scouted out of my cousins place for Monday's hunt. Mallards did not cooperate in the field but ended the day 1 short of a 5 man limit. Fun part was we had a moose in our field and didn't even know it until the DNR came flying across the field on a wheeler and more or less told us we had to go because they were going to dispatch it due a brain worm. Oh well, moved to some close water and cleaned up on teal, 1 mallard, 2 geese, and a gadwall.

Tuesday went about 120 miles west adn set up with another group that we knew was out there and ended the morning shoot with 25 mallards. It was a fun shoot, would have liked more greenheads but a hen eats the same and with 3 inexperienced field hunters we were lucky not to end up with anymore.

The next 3 days we hunted within 40 miles of the house we were staying at. Met great people from the state as always and did not have a problem finding birds or getting on fields/water to hunt.

Thursday we shot some ducks in the field in the morning and decided to set up on a little body of water that was full of ducks around 1. Each taking turns shooting, we ended the hunt with a redhead, pintail, gadwall, widgeon, bluebill, canvasback, ringneck, bufflehead, teal, and a shoveler. Definately a fun way to finish out a limit and it literally took less than 90 minutes.

All in all a great trip and can't wait to go back in a couple weeks. Need a couple weeks to recover from eating duck for 6 days straight...
Ducks22
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Great story, and glad to see you got on 'em. :thumbsup:

Good luck on the next leg of your journey...

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Gonna have to do the Dakotas one of these days. Looks like a good time :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby xrated » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:29 pm

Not much. Been out only one time for birds down here on the river. First time ever and it was great. Got my first Gadwall and Pintail as well as a decent green head. We would have done better with some better shooting...or if I hadn't pulled up on a pair only to hear click instead of boom(fast action and someone forgot to cycle a new round)

Spent Saturday in the stand trying to keep the feet warm. Saw 3 but not shots. Sunday light brought a new area of real dark grass in one of my trails...10 minutes later showed a deer. 125 yards with the trusty 30-30, made my longest shot. Deer made it all of 25 yards. Little button, but I was able to have my 8 year old girl "track and find" it and my son was just excited Dad shot a deer. Did I mention breakfast of ham, hashbrowns, eggs and tenderloin? Or lunch of loins fried in butter?

Spent Sunday looking for birds but not much sitting on the lake. Few OK sized rafts on Monday. Headed north again Friday and hoping the winds and warmer temps to come keep the water soft and that I can find someone to get out with Saturday night and Sunday morning. Otherwise I have a few ideas to try out for birds down south here that might pay off or might not.
xrated
hunter

Postby pondhopper32 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:44 am

Got to launch yesterday morning, truck said it was 8 degrees. I was the only truck, and there was ice. After breaking up enough ice to launch the boat with a log, and falling on my ass walking down the icy launch-good thing no one else was there- I got out and headed across the lake, icy spray the whole way but the excitement kept me warm. Had my choice of spots, gotta love late season cold mornings! It was shooting time by now so I loaded the old battle axe and got to work on my spread. I pulled my boat into the cattails and started throwing em out there, something was on my side because everyone I threw went exactly where I wanted it, not usually the case.
Ice Cold 2.jpg

First flock came in- 6 birds - thought they had to be divers the way they came in, dropped one, wasted 2 more shells to finish it and had to pull my boat out to retrieve because it was floating away in the big water. Turns out to be a hen spoonie. After some cursing and messing with the boat to get back in I decided I need a cup of coffee and a cig after that. Just as I lit my smoke, 2 Buffleheads came in, right down the line, cig goes in water, 2 shots dropped both birds. The drake was dead the hen played dead until I walked out to retrieve. She flys, I shoot ,WHIFF, I see she's coming back, reload the 2 shells I had with me (standing in the middle of my spread at this point, she comes back around right down the line straight for me! I take aim shoot- Whiff- doesn't even phase her she it going to land no matter what, shoot again Whiff. This would become the theme of my morning.

A box of shells and several flocks later. I had 1 bluebill, 1 Bufflehead, 1 Spoonie (frozen to the bottom of the boat so she didn't make the picture). Should have limited but still a really cool morning hunt! I love late season diver hunts, wish the season was open for another month.
Buflebill.jpg
pondhopper32
hunter

Postby goldfish » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Up by Mille Lacs to deer hunt. We've seen one deer that my dad shot on our property, so after seeing these buggers every day I took the shotgun into the woods today
uploadfromtaptalk1384373603913.jpg

Should have had three, but missed the first one and the second caught me completely off guard.

I go duck hunting, and catch a northern pike. I go deer hunting, and shoot grouse.

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:22 pm

That's just good thinking...

Outsmart your game with stratergery and trickery...

:lol3:

But seriously... How many times are you hunting something, when wham... There's something else I like to eat, but no tools for taking it.

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby xrated » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Most times Gunny. Squirrels and grouse sure know when it is deer season around my stand.
xrated
hunter

Postby duck_dynasty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Walked on about 6 or 7 roosters yesterday while carrying a rifle making deer drives. Never fails.
duck_dynasty
hunter

Postby duck_dynasty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Well I got my two deer so I decided to get back on the water. Ended up getting out about an hour late cause I had to break a little ice, so I ended up busting a roost where I hunted but did end up with 3 goldeneyes and a merg. Shouda had a couple more that caught me off guard but u know how that goes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384467887.884371.jpg

First time shooting ducks out of a boat so it was pretty sweet!! Hope to get back after them soon.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384467973.018027.jpg
duck_dynasty
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting