looking for a hunting Buddy

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

looking for a hunting Buddy

Postby girard » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:55 am

I have the boat i have the decoys just looking for someone to go with. I don't get the most enjoyment going out by myself its always nice to meet new people and to hunt with a friend. I'm south of the cities by about 15 miles.

Thanks i hope to hear from you guys soon
girard
hunter

Re: looking for a hunting Buddy

Postby iFAIL » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Wow, no replys huh? I'm sure you'll find somebody here. Stick around the forum long enough then maybe soon people will ask. I usually go with my brother but if he can't go I got my dog. At lease that way he keeps me company.
That horrible duck call, it was I!
iFAIL
hunter

Postby goldfish » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Going in the middle of nowhere with someone with a gun is a little sketchy. Stick around, chime into conversations so people can feel you out, then it's not so much a random person you are meeting. I enjoy hunting with other people vs myself as well, but it's nice to have somewhat of an idea who they are.

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby girard » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:46 am

Yeah I agree with both of you, I really wish I had a dog to keep me company out there. It would make things better. Thanks for the replies guys.
girard
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:21 am

Yea that's what they all told me...but now after a few posts and emails and texts I got a couple guys that ill be hunting with a few times this year......wat you got for a boat....I'm not sitting in a 10' jon boat with a wired up dog lol.
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby girard » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:20 am

Haha yeah that wouldn't be good, I got a 14 foot v-hull with some decks I build in to replace the bench seats. I also build a custom blind on it and I run a 25 horse to get me around. It runs in about a foot of water.
girard
hunter

Postby BigJeff » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:16 pm

I am in the same boat. I am a city kid who's friends think duck hunting is crazy because its cold and you have to get up early. If I find I have any free time I will check in. This year is hit or miss with a second kid around life is a bit crazy. Good luck
BigJeff
hunter

Postby girard » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks I know what your saying none of my friends like to get up and if they want to go they don't wanna leave till 6 and then I just end up leaving at 3 and say are you coming or staying. Hope to hear from you.
girard
hunter

Postby goldfish » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:03 am

It's like you live my life. Early shouldn't be an issue, but apparently to them comfort is top priority. I don't get it

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby girard » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Haha totally, I guess they think it's not any work duck hunting. Haha Gotta do the work to get the birds.
girard
hunter

Postby BigJeff » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:36 pm

I think the "work" is part of the fun. To me it's kind I of like being 12 again. Build a fort and shoot at stuff. Good times
BigJeff
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:29 pm

I love the "work" part too. working on the gear, and most of all the scouting. I love the rush of chasing a flock down to find a field that is just loaded way out of the way that no one else has hunted.
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Postby girard » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:56 pm

I enjoy working the whole duck spread and the blind I like the idea if thinking of the boat blind as a fort. Pretty clever.
girard
hunter

Postby chevyobsession » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:27 am

I live southwest of Hutchinson. If anyone ever wants to meet up for a hunt just shoot me a PM. And speaking if hauling *** down a road to chase a flock, don't do it with your wife in the vehicle. I did and I was in the dog house for a few days. I enjoy the work of finding the spot, setting everything up just so, and hiding like I'm some sniper in Vietnam. But for me nothing is better than seeing it all pay off when the ducks or geese or both got wings cupped and landing gear down. Makes the little sleep and hard work before the sun is up all worth it.
Jake's Custom Calls Pro Staff
brown its down, flies it dies
chevyobsession
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting