Mississippi Flyway Rambler

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Mississippi Flyway Rambler

Postby beretta24 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Hey fellas, for those that don't check out the honey hole forum there's a rambler decoy we ship down each flyway each year. Different folks hunt over it, take pics, and send it on to the next guy. The goal is to get as many DHC members to hunt over it as possible. I have it in MN the weekends of the 28th and Oct 5th.

I am on the north side of the cities but could travel. Anyone interested in getting a few folks together for a hunt? It would be nice to get a little variety in locations if possible. I would like to get a few others involved but may need to limit numbers if there is a lot of interest. Post here or shoot me a PM if interested.
beretta24
State Moderator

Re: Mississippi Flyway Rambler

Postby suicidal_scaup » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:25 pm

I am interested....but am up north. If you are up here we could try to make something work. I know there are a few other guys up this way too. Either weekend would be good for me. It would be tough for me to travel south so I apologize I won't be able to be a part of this if it is done in the metro. I have read some of the info about this in the past so it is neat that it is going on here and now. I will keep reading here to see what happens.
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:35 pm

suicidal_scaup wrote:I am interested....but am up north. If you are up here we could try to make something work. I know there are a few other guys up this way too. Either weekend would be good for me. It would be tough for me to travel south so I apologize I won't be able to be a part of this if it is done in the metro. I have read some of the info about this in the past so it is neat that it is going on here and now. I will keep reading here to see what happens.

If you think we can get a couple folks lined up maybe the first of the two weekends would be easier for me. Just gotta check with the wifey. I got a work trip out of country in Oct so I gotta get on the water/fields while the getting is good.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby jpdrake » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 am

Weekends fill up fast, but if it is in the Metro, I'll be around on Oct 5th. I'll keep checking back for updates.

And depending on how far north, I'd be willing to travel a bit. :beer:
jpdrake
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 am

I'm in the weekend of the 4-7th

Heading west on that Friday afternoon with a buddy from work.

Text me for details
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:17 am

Getting a good deal of interest so I apologize in advance for not being able to work something out with everyone. I will try to come up with something as fair as I can, which will likely be impacted by personal commitments. More to follow...thanks for the interest and its not too late to try to get in on this. Just let me know location and availability.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby suicidal_scaup » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:59 pm

No worries on my end. Whatever gets worked out is good here. I have a boat that can easily hunt three and know of a spot we could stash the boat and sit a bunch of guys on stools in shallow water. Just depends on if people want to travel up here. The spot we can sit guys in the water is between Battle Lake and Vergas.
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:38 pm

Depending on when and where I would be interested in joining up. Im in the St cloud area but typically am ok with driving a bit for a decent shoot
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Postby jpdrake » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Same for me. No worries, whatever gets worked out. Sounds like a pretty awesome experience though!
jpdrake
hunter

Postby goldfish » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:21 am

I work the weekends, but if you are going to hunt it the Monday after I'm game on either/both

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:37 am

I don't have classes Mondays so I def could do a Monday shoot!
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Postby suicidal_scaup » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 pm

I wish I could hunt Mondays...I have to admit, I am a weekend warrior. Would rather be a weekday warrior if I could...less people, and more days to hunt!
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:25 am

So it looks like the weekend of the 28th will be with suicidal_scaup, me, and tbd member at tbd location. Likely between st cloud and Detroit lakes. Waiting on confirmation from one member.

Following weekend location is up in the air. I have the rambler locked down for both weekends though.

I would like to get everyone involved but will be limiting groups to 3 or so unless people already know each other. It's just a measure for me to make sure to the best of my ability that we have safe hunts. Thanks for the interest and feel free to request other weekends in the honey hole sticky post. Indaswamp may wave the 300 post requirement if dates stay open, but its his call.

Thanks for the continued interest. Let's see if we can pile some birds up and show the other flyways how its done.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Woodrow03 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:57 am

Head to LQP area the second weekend.
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Ok, so here's the latest. I will be hunting with Suicidal_scaup and doubletheshovel on the 28th, and am working on details for Sunday the 29th. Thank you guys for hosting! Now we just need to drop some birds over Ginger!

For this weekend I just went by post count for those who expressed interest, AND are available to hunt the weekend. Sorry Goldfish, you would've easily been on the top of the list! Planning to take any time off the first weekend in Oct??? Thanks to Scaup for also being able to pull in another DHCer. It's looking like I will be closer to home the following weekend, but I am still working out my schedule to see if I can travel away from the wifey for 3 straight weekends. Again, I will try to be as fair as I can, but I have to be honest and say I am a little hesitant to jump in the blind with someone I haven't spoken with that just joined. Maybe something will still work out, but that's kind of where I sit. Hopefully there are no hard feelings...this is all about having some fun.

Nothing is final for Oct 5-6 so if anyone else is interested you can still let me know. There are a few of you that I got in touch with last year and have exchanged some PM's with so if you want to try making something happen that weekend might be a good time.

Cheers!
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby kbooger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:57 pm

I'd like to get out if you are going close to the metro anywhere. But I might have to study for this stupid CPA exam :sad:
kbooger
hunter

Postby goldfish » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:30 pm

I get it Beretta. It's the cost I pay to be able to hunt Monday-Thursday while the rest of you are sitting at your desk :grin:

Good luck guys and take lots of pictures

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby suicidal_scaup » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:41 pm

goldfish wrote:I get it Beretta. It's the cost I pay to be able to hunt Monday-Thursday while the rest of you are sitting at your desk :grin:

Good luck guys and take lots of pictures

sent from a phancy fone

Will do :thumbsup:

I am almost more excited for this hunt than I was for opener. Always good to meet good people and learn new things. Now....I hope we get some shooting. That will make it even better. Doubletheshovel checked out our spot and it seems there are birds so here's hoping!
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 pm

sum gun I know im not at 300 or a year yet but I feel ive brought enough to the table ( as beretta stated) on my one of my first intial posts. I seen this on the honey hole and got pumpd until I seen the rules. i got weekends of days during the week to hunt.

so beretta just pm me so that way my email notifys me right away because i want on this band wagon.
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:13 pm

She's here
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1380240826644.jpg
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby dfrauenkron » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:31 pm

:thumbsup: Good Luck guys, we had fun with the rambler last year. Hope you have more ducks around then we do right now.
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Good luck guys!
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby chevyobsession » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:05 am

Any info on the OCT 5th hunt. I live near Hutch but would be willing to travel. I've also got a small WPA that I usually hunt. Would be willing to take some guys with out there. It is about a quarter mile walk through grass to get to the marsh though.
chevyobsession
hunter

Postby jpeterson117 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:58 am

Good luck fellas!!
jpeterson117
hunter

Postby jpdrake » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Can't wait to see pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
jpdrake