DNR kicking around a 2014 teal season

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

Re: DNR kicking around a 2014 teal season

Postby tornadochaser » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:59 pm

My 2 year old is going to limit on mallards every youth day then. :twisted:

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby jpdrake » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:45 pm

MinneKans wrote:Combining a two day teal season with a youth day is a good option in my mind.

If it were up to me, kids would get to shoot all ducks according to regular season rules. Adults harvest teal only. That way any “oops” ducks would go toward the youth bag. This would promote adults bringing a kid. I think youth day currently is underutilized because it’s only one day and adults can’t participate. Run the teal/youth season the weekend after labor day.

:beer: I love it. Bring the kids. Shoot your ducks. Go home happy.
jpdrake
hunter

Postby doubletheshovel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Well I just want to make a comment on the season opener for next year will be the on the 27th of September since that will be the closest Saturday to the 24th of September which is how opener is picked so if they did a teal season they could do a 2 day season on the the 20th and 21st when the migration of teal starts. just my .02
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Postby doubletheshovel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 pm

doubletheshovel wrote:Well I just want to make a comment on the season opener for next year will be the on the 27th of September since that will be the closest Saturday to the 24th of September which is how opener is picked so if they did a teal season they could do a 2 day season on the the 20th and 21st when the migration of teal starts. just my .02

When the teal migration starts in my area based on what I have seen in the past few years. Should clarify that
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Previous

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting