It's 4pm boys

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

It's 4pm boys

Postby duck_dynasty » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:00 pm

How did day one go?
duck_dynasty
hunter

Re: It's 4pm boys

Postby kms399 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:26 pm

typical mn opener. got set up, 3 hour wait till shooting. jagoffs pull up park their trucks in the field right behind us. lauch through the cattails. get pissed we are there say we are on private property even though we are in the boat in the cattails. proceed to bitch and set up 80 yards away. wind shifts they are now directly down wind of us and we are trying to play cleanup with out raining shot on them. got fed up went to another spot around 9. by 12 we had 6 wood ducks, and 4 teal. just my buddy and I.

there were no signs along the shoreline. no sign of any sort of a lauch. just picked a bad spot I guess, but we made up for it.
another one bites the dust
kms399
hunter

Postby goldfish » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Wind didn't do what it was supposed to and she was blowing pretty good today. Took a crack at the only 4 teal that checked us out and my brother dropped one.

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby chevyobsession » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:36 am

Took my oldest along to witness his first duck hunt. Had a great morning and saw lots of ducks. Set up on a small marsh in a WPA. Had to walk a 1/4 mile to get there buy it was worth it. No other hunters for miles. Had 7 geese and 15 or so teal land in the spread a few minutes after 6 and hang out till shooting light. Jumped the geese and dropped the first one but it didn't die so I put another in him before he swam all the way across the water. Worked some singles and doubles till we had out goose limit them started seeing flocks if 10-20 BWT. If my shooting was half as good as I thought I would have had my limit by 8. Instead we packed up at 10 with some of the best memories I could ever have hoped to make.
Jake's Custom Calls Pro Staff
brown its down, flies it dies
chevyobsession
hunter

Postby goldfish » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:33 am

Bravo!

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting