Cold Spring/ Richmond area

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Cold Spring/ Richmond area

Postby chasing the GREEN » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:53 pm

I know there is tons of water out there. I hunted it last year for opener and did pretty well. Went out west this year for opener. I was wondering what the bird levels are like around the chain mostly this season? I of course don't need to know your spot, just if the chain is holding enough birds to get some good hunts or if its lower than last year... any input would be appreciated... feel free to pm me if you don't want to advertise for all the "guests"
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Re: Cold Spring/ Richmond area

Postby Mort » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Hey man I have relatives in Cold Spring that ill be with this weekend. I'll ask him and let ya know.
Mort
hunter

Postby Labs » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:26 am

Plenty of birds there....just expect to be horned in on...like I was on Saturday. Lots of woodies, not much in the way of teal or mallards....also geese. Oh, and the fisherman won't give you any room either....had one guy putt by in his bass boat at about 50-60 yds...I won't be back until late season, but I can show you exactly where to sit....
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter

Postby Sir Remington » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:03 am

when I went (oct. 17-21) there were plenty of mallards around, one flock of about 20 teal, couple woodies, and a ton of geese, a good place to scout is the launch on east lake, next to little cedar, if you look through the channel toward the lake there are usually mallards there, if there are a ton of mallards there then the whole chain is good hunting.
Sir Remington
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:05 am

up in that area you probably need a decent sized boat to get to any spots? ive never hunted the northern areas on the chain, more down by cedar island and mud lake. my motor is down as of now so I just have a canoe
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting