cast n blast

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

cast n blast

Postby StuStiltman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Like all of you I love hunting, like most I enjoy fishing. Let's here some cast n blast story's, (hunting and fishing at the same time). Here's mine, early goose on a big lake while cat fishing, its tough to decide if you should continue working a flock of geese 300 yards away when you got a bite!!! I tried fighting a fish while continuing to call the geese....... I got the fish anyways. I have a longtime goal of shooting ducks and catching walleyes at the same time, has anyone here done that? Obviously don't give away your spot. Let's here some stories.
StuStiltman
hunter

Location: kinda between Fergus, DL and lawndale. draw a triangle on a map, I'm in there

Re: cast n blast

Postby Mort » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:47 pm

A slough near my home town butted up against a lake with a little beach. The owner of the slough would throw out a chub and let it sit on the bottom and pass shoot low flying ducks. He caught northerns and shot all kinds of ducks. Not sure if he had any walleyes in the bucket when ever I stopped but he he always had a smile on his face!
Mort
hunter

Postby Swamp Gas » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:16 pm

I shot a 2 man limit and caught a 2 man walleye limit opening day a couple years ago. Not real nice walleyes but 14 to 16 inchers work for me.

Swamp Gas
hunter

Postby MNjonboatguy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:52 am

Swamp Gas wrote:I shot a 2 man limit and caught a 2 man walleye limit opening day a couple years ago. Not real nice walleyes but 14 to 16 inchers work for me.

Swampy- That looks like a nice day. Always rockin the shocker....lol
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby goldfish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 am

Caught a 26" northern last weekend after duck hunting. We knew it was a good northern lake so we brought the poles with. Glad we did.

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby duck_dynasty » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:33 pm

I'll be hunting Mille Lacs tommorow so I'll give em both hell. Although I'll be sending a large sucker under the boat hoping for a mallard/muskie combo! :thumbsup:
duck_dynasty
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting