journals

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

journals

Postby hillbilly.. » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:34 am

How many of you guys keep journals of your hunts. Who where when. Who shot wat how many hen/drakes.

I just started beging of early goose last year. Little about weather little notes about the hunt like sobodys first duck or awsome shot small stuff like that.
hillbilly..
hunter

Re: journals

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:05 am

I used to keep one religiously when I was younger, but I think I had one really bad season where I got skunked a million times in a row, so I kinda got too depressed to keep up with it. I keep telling myself to start back up again but I always forget.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby kbooger » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:19 am

I just started a spreadsheet to keep track. It'll be nice to look back next year and see how many ducks I shot, what the weather was like, etc.

I also try to keep track of how many rounds I've put through my guns in a spreadsheet.
kbooger
hunter

Postby MNjonboatguy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:26 am

I'm kicking myself now for not maintaining a nice journal of all my hunts. I wrote down all of my birds/hunts last year and was happy that I did. It's very fun to look back when the season is over and remember all of the shots and stories.

Same as MN Dan, my earliest years weren't full of success stories so I didn't want a record of them....lol

One of my hunting buddies has been putting all of his hunts into the DU app and he has total ducks, specie counts, location, weather, who was there, and personal notes. It does a nice job.
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby goldfish » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:02 am

I forgot mine this year, crap

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:43 am

I like the rounds idea so far this year I've shot. 410, 20g, 12g, 10g. Like to get my hands on a 16g and 28 this year
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Ducks22 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 am

Kept a log for many years and stop doing it when I wasn't worried about numbers anymore. I still keep a short log about weather, birds(yes/nno) and a few other things mixed inside a notebook I keep in the center counsel of my truck and throw it in the gun safe at the end of the year. I did start using the DU app on the iPhone this year just to check it out and it works great. As soon as my kids start going more I will definitly be using a journal.
Ducks22
hunter

Postby pj » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:57 pm

I've kept a journal since I started hunting. I was encouraged to do so by my uncle who did the same.
For every tear a smile.
pj
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting