Just got back from Saskatchewan

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Just got back from Saskatchewan

Postby cn44 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Just got back from a hunt in Sask. Weather wasn't ideal for waterfowl hunting, 65-75 each day with minimal wind and high sunny skies. The bird numbers were pretty poor where we were hunting but it was still a fun time. Here is a video I made of my hunt.

cn44
hunter

Re: Just got back from Saskatchewan

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:39 pm

Cool vid. Looks like a great adventure.

How did you hunt the cranes?
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby jpdrake » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:20 am

Fun video. Was that a GoPro mounted to your head? I especially likes the slow mo shots where you could see the gun recoil!
jpdrake
hunter

Postby cn44 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:59 pm

The cranes, we were set up for geese in a field between two sloughs, one all the cranes were roosting on and they were feeding in the field the night before with geese. They just flew back and forth between the sloughs and we just pass shot the low ones. They don't like the goose decoys so most of them scooted just out of shooting range. I don't think we even saw more than one flock of snows that morning.

Yes, it was all gopro video on a tripod and head mount. I had a gun mount that was supposed to be here for the hunt, but last minute I got an email it was back ordered.
cn44
hunter

Postby GooseMan74 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Nice video. We leave later this week for Sask. We'll be just a little north of where you were. Can't wait. Weather is turning a bit colder this week. Hopefully we'll hit it just right.
GooseMan74
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting