Season may be over!?!

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Re: Season may be over!?!

Postby MNjonboatguy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:16 am

I would hope the CO's are on our side. There's no way they'll be able to post all of the federal lands or even close all of the gates.... The CO's are already spread thin as it is, which doesn't leave extra time for enforcing temporary and ridiculous policies of our deficient government.
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:30 am

A good man must not follow the law too well. I think that's how the saying goes.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby gatorsnagger » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:34 am

Woah, hold on there guys. The Mississippi is a publicly navigable waterway and as long as you are sitting in a boat you are sitting in the Mississippi river. All publicly navigable waterways are open to the general public, regardless if they sit within the boundaries of the national wildlife refuge. If you step out onto dry land that may be a different thing, but you are alright hunting the water. Just ask a warden, I did.
gatorsnagger
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Maybe not an issue after all. From another thread:

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outdoors ... z2ggMkmiaW
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby dfrauenkron » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:24 pm

I was called this afternoon with information from a very reliable source, who spoke with a federal warden stating there is nothing to worry about, it is all politics go ahead and carry on. No tickets will be issued, no harassment and so on. Hopefully all the fog will clear over this and it will be clear and known by everyone next Saturday when we reopen. :grooving: :huh: :grooving:
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby Mort » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:32 pm

beretta24 wrote:
Mort wrote:I called the CO in my area and he told me all WPAs are closed for public hunting. And said he was not ordered to I force any trespass laws at this time on those areas.

I also called our USFW director in my area and he said be was ordered to close all WPAs to public hunting. What a bunch of poop!!!

Confused...he said he would or would not enforce trespass laws? I have not ran into one that I think would but haven't called any.

The CO in my area said he was not ordered to enforce any trespass laws on fed ground at this time..

honestly when the season opens here next week... I'm hunting in a WPA
Mort
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:47 pm

So...was informed today by same reliable source that all federal lands are closed and ramps will be barricaded. Tickets will be issued for trespassing. I don't know who to believe or trust anymore. Hopefully clears up soon and everyone is on same page cause we obviously aren't. And I don't think wardens are either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:57 pm

dfrauenkron wrote:So...was informed today by same reliable source that all federal lands are closed and ramps will be barricaded. Tickets will be issued for trespassing. I don't know who to believe or trust anymore. Hopefully clears up soon and everyone is on same page cause we obviously aren't. And I don't think wardens are either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

They have to be taking it serious, because they are changing signs to CLOSED.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby suicidal_scaup » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:03 pm

All of the Tamarac refuge has closed signs. I'm curious what it will be like after things open back up (if they do before the end of the season). It may be the same as having a late season opener since the birds won't be pressured. Thoughts?
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:10 pm

dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby MNjonboatguy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:28 am

Has anyone heard of any citations being issued this past weekend? I drove past several WPAs on Sunday morning and didn't see any vehicles, but that was after 1pm... I didn't see any closed signs, and one of the properties actually has a gate that was wide open. I called the DNR office and was told that all WPAs and NWR are technically closed, but haven't heard from any CO's.

Did anyone get checked this weekend and ask? Would like to hear more on this if guys are getting any news out there.
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:22 am

I got checked but completely spaced out on asking about land being closed. been kicking myself about it ever since! dumb
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Previous

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting