Trying to dress my kid, Help!!!

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

Trying to dress my kid, Help!!!

Postby MNBillBlaster-r-r » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:02 pm

On my way out to Devils lake, we stopped at Cabela's and picked up a dog vest! Well it looks cool, in the pictures, but trying to get the dog to wear it impossible! We have tried everything, keeping him busy, feeding him bags of treats, etc.. He's three years old and not a lil pup anymore, so its a wrestling match to try and get this thing on. If anyone has some tips or drugs to calm him down, please let me know! I hate to get to hard on him, hes been putting in good work in ND retrieving. We had really good luck, limited out today, and have a few days to go!
We'll drop the dog of at I-Falls and run him to Baudette. Then, he'll be ready to hunt.
MNBillBlaster-r-r
hunter

Re: Trying to dress my kid, Help!!!

Postby Woodrow03 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:48 pm

Two shots of crown should do the trick or a full benadryl
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby goldfish » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:00 am

I set the vest on the ground, pick up my dogs legs, put them in the holes and quickly pull the vest up. She isn't necessarily fighting me about it tho.

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby MNBillBlaster-r-r » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Crown Reserve is in stock! We tried the lift him up and my buddy put it on, but that's like ringing the bell "Round #1". The "Banded Brand" I purchased has a zipper and that's the trouble, I can't get it zipped. He's an 80lb bull! I wish I could get it on him and just let him squirm. I would hate for him to hurt his self though. I thought about when he is tired, but then he is moody and gets pissed. I wish he knew I am just trying to help him and take care of the little guy. Blue bird day today and a broken Browning Maxus, so only got 10 today. Had to break out the Ol' "OG" Super Black Eagle for my buddy.
We'll drop the dog of at I-Falls and run him to Baudette. Then, he'll be ready to hunt.
MNBillBlaster-r-r
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting