What a great morning

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

What a great morning

Postby girard » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:46 am

What a joke, sitting in my spot at 4:00 and a group jn another boat comes out and sees boat around and comes back were I am. So I shine my light her turns away and them comes back. He then proceeds to put his boat in front of us by about 40 yards that is right in front of us. So I ask him really your gonna go right there, would you like to just hunt together. He tells back and says where the **** am I suppose to hunt then. I say you can join us if you would like and he continued to say where am I suppose to hunt if I can't hunt here. So he took of and went another 60 yards and set up. I expect
Him to do a lot of pass shooting on our birds.
girard
hunter

Re: What a great morning

Postby recker » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:05 am

The joys of hunting public water! Some people will never get it. Sorry man.
recker
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:43 am

the more primitive the access, the less primitive the competition.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby mutthunt » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:39 pm

MinnesotaDan wrote:the more primitive the access, the less primitive the competition.

word
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers
mutthunt
hunter

Postby Palerider77 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:30 am

MinnesotaDan wrote:the more primitive the access, the less primitive the competition.

Great wisdom right there. The more you drive, the smaller the crowd.
Palerider77
Newb

Postby girard » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 am

Yeah it was a good drive away but the fact that he wanted to hunt where I was and only knew of one spot. So he set up right in front of me and pass shot all my birds that were decoying into my spread. It was a big lake and only 3 groups were on it.
girard
hunter

Postby kbooger » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:44 am

It was pretty awesome of you to invite him to hunt with you. If I were him at that point I would've taken you up on it.
kbooger
hunter

Postby girard » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:33 pm

I was pissed when he didn't because I knew he was gonna be one of those guys that shoots all the birds committed in your spread and he has to sky bust at them. He did Wing two that speed forever and he didn't even make an effort to retrieve them
girard
hunter

Postby firefighter4231 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:05 pm

girard wrote:What a joke, sitting in my spot at 4:00 and a group jn another boat comes out and sees boat around and comes back were I am. So I shine my light her turns away and them comes back. He then proceeds to put his boat in front of us by about 40 yards that is right in front of us. So I ask him really your gonna go right there, would you like to just hunt together. He tells back and says where the **** am I suppose to hunt then. I say you can join us if you would like and he continued to say where am I suppose to hunt if I can't hunt here. So he took of and went another 60 yards and set up. I expect
Him to do a lot of pass shooting on our birds.

I hate it when people do crap like this. I understand its public and everyone has the right to hunt there, I just wish everyone had more curtosey to move or set up at a different spot. There has been plently of mornings when I got up and tried to go to a spot and when I realized someone was already there I had to move to plan B. If I didnt have a plan B then I found the closest Perkins and enjoyed a nice breakfast. I love hunting but I hate hunting in spots when guys do crap like this.
firefighter4231
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting