Duck Hunting Forum banner

Anyone want to hunt this week?

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  beretta24 
#1 ·
I live in the metro, would be willing to drive within about 1.5 hrs. I usually hunt around the north metro (which sucks).

I've got next week off to study and am trying to go during the week.

#7 ·
I have openings Wednesday and Thursday right now up here on Lake Mille Lacs, I have the layout boat ready to go, I just don't like going by myself. Anybody wants to go just hit me up for some gas in the outboard. I can go all day on Wednesday, and until about noon on Thursday.

#8 ·
PROjosh said:
I have openings Wednesday and Thursday right now up here on Lake Mille Lacs, I have the layout boat ready to go, I just don't like going by myself. Anybody wants to go just hit me up for some gas in the outboard. I can go all day on Wednesday, and until about noon on Thursday.
I've never layout hunted...any pics from this season?

#10 ·
PROjosh said:
I will try to load some up tonight, its one of the best ways to hunt ducks. They come in right at your face, and its fast paced shooting. Lots of blue bills and red heads.
I am all over this for Thursday morning if you want to go out. I've got a kayak (not exactly a layout, but works) if someone else wants to go too.

sent from a phancy fone

#13 ·
PROjosh said:
this layout a 2 person or just one need some more info. because im defently down for this. just not this week.

#14 ·
I have a one man layout boat, and then the big boat is a 19 ft sea ark, with a beavertail blind on it. I have had 5 people shoot out of the boat before. I also generally set out at least 100-150 decoys, I have about 200 in the boat, and throw out the whole spread when I have more then two people. I wish I knew how to post pics on this site. I can't figure it out, got my limit this morning in a 1/2 hour it took longer to pick up the decoys and set them out then it did to shoot. They are for sure moving through the area, swans have been flying all day, maybe have a week or two left out there.

#17 ·
Heres a link to my facebook, I got some pics on there. Hopefully some of you have facebook to check it out.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prairie- ... 370?ref=hl
Next week is pretty full, Wednesday Morning might be the only day right now available and the week after I will have some time if the lake is not froze over yet. I am all dependent on how much it can freeze. Anyways, once I can figure out how to post pics on here I will.

#18 ·
Hey!
I would be down for doing some hunting this weekend if someone doesn't want to go alone. I am in the same situation. Everyone else I know wants to go chase after "duuurs". I have a single man layout boat and that's all I have. Most of the lakes around here are freezing up. I love going after the late season divers. I am still bedating on where I should go this weekend. never really hunted much down in the milacs area before, as I am located up by Virginia area. Was debating about trying it on Leech or Winnie alone but not sure about wind. Ill try and get some pics of my boat on here. It's a homemade fiberglass one my dad and I made years ago. Nice to finally meet a few people that love the late season hunting. Hows it down there? Much snow?

#20 ·
hillbilly.. said:
Hows the guided hunts goin I seen on face book
It was awesome! Seriously tons of fun. I had more than my chances to get my limit off a mixed bag. If you want to layout hunt, but don't want to buy the layout and a billion diver decoys, get ahold of him. It's definitely different trying to watch all around you without squirming too much (I missed shooting at a few flocks because I was looking the wrong way as they came right over the decoys). We saw bills, redheads, cans, Buffies, ringers, mallards, canadas, and it wasn't just a couple (except the cans, only one flock of those).

sent from a phancy fone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.