Woodbury hunting is being threated

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

Woodbury hunting is being threated

Postby olt d2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Did anyone on here see the fox 9 bit with the obviously anti -hunting lady. That is pushing for water fowl hunting to be shut down in wood bury . She is saying its a quality of life issue because the gun shots at sun rise are waking her up and its not fair and she shouldn't have to put up with it! I hunt in this area and need your guys help. so please if you could be kind enough to go to fox nine watch the video to see for your-self and then call wood bury city hall and voice your option on this for me. I thank you guys very much for helping. She has sixty signatures on a from others to shut down hunting and I know its only time till it will be but I want to go down fighting for my rights and the rights of the water fowling community. thank you guys :thumbsup: :beer:
olt d2
hunter

Re: Woodbury hunting is being threated

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:10 pm

I don't own a television but post a vid of it if you can.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby chrisss » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:11 pm

I live in the cities and never knew we could hunt woodbury, but I will put in my call to the woodbury hall.
chrisss
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Can you post a link to the video and links to the right people to email? If so I'd be happy to help.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby kbooger » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:04 pm

The icing on the cake is she said she would call the cops every time now for a noise disturbance. Great so now you are wasting taxpayer money also :no:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/23 ... no-hunting
kbooger
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:16 pm

So she moves to an area where people hunt then complains about it, she should blame herself for moving there, I have no sympathy for her or her neighbors. I grew up in the metro, I'm glad I got out.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:28 pm

The lady in the video has inspired me. I moved to a rural house surrounded by farms, sometimes my neighbors spread manure on there fields and the smell wakes me up and offends me. Next time it happens I'm calling the news then the cops. Just because they've been doing it long before I moved there doesn't mean they should be allowed to continue to do so after I moved into the neighborhood.........sarcasm
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:21 pm

She is the worst kind of human being. The lady just likes geese/birds, and if she had them crapping all over her yard she probably wouldn't feel so adamant about gun shots. She doesn't like hunting and she's using the "noise" as the medium in which to get hunting on the lake stopped.

LMAO @ calling the cops for a noise complaint, I wonder how long the cops would take that serious.

Not to be all doom and gloom, but one other thing. That lady probably likes wild places, wild birds, nature, all that stuff, but by eliminating hunting she very well could be ensuring her own lack of enjoyment of nature. If hunting is gone, lots of these natural places lose their economic value and will be much harder to keep from being degraded. Hunters may not be her friend but they are still probably the enemy of her enemy. Okay tangent over.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby Swamp Gas » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 pm

I don't live near Woodbury. But the city limit line for the town I live in is my back yard. Depending on the year I get woke up to hunters shooting ducks & geese 200 yards from my property line 6 to 10 times. It doesn't bother me much. I just wish I could be with them.

Now the Woodbury lady Can't Understand Normal Thinking!
Swamp Gas
hunter

Postby olt d2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm not a big computer guy and don't know how to post links. But the phone number for Woodbury is 651-714-3500. thank you to everyone that puts a call in. And I won't hesitate to do the same for anyone on here that ever have problems with the"not in MY back yard !"crowd.
olt d2
hunter

Postby MNjonboatguy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 am

I will be calling in. This is bogus.
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:08 am

I now have a new Goose spot. Thank you!
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby steamduck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Lee vegue is the guy u want to talk to he is the detector of public safety or some shiit like that his # is 714-3600!!! Go get him Boys!!
steamduck
hunter

Postby steamduck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Ok dont call that guy you will not get anywhere but here is the woodbury city counsel voice mail 651-714-3576 also the email for the general city council is council@ci.woodbury.mn.us
steamduck
hunter

Postby pj » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:08 pm

So you can hunt in Woodbury city limits?

If this is true I think that I have a new spot as well.
For every tear a smile.
pj
hunter

Postby doubletheshovel » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Just a question on this lady walking around by this lake. Is this area public land or is she own all that area they filmed her walking on cuz if not she would be trespassing? Just saying the hunters are legally hunting with permission to be on the land and if it is private she would be trespassing cuz I guarantee she didn't ask to walk around and take pictures. Just my 2 cents
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Postby steamduck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:40 pm

I may be rong but i think part of the lake u can hunt with a permit that u can get from the city and part of it u cant. And it was said that u must own land or have the ok from a land owner to access the lake.
steamduck
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting