minnesota trip

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

minnesota trip

Postby kevinstev14 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:41 am

Guys,

I am an Illinois hunter that will be spending time in Minnesota Wed-Sun over Thanksgiving. We are having a family reunion. My brother who is in the Army stationed in Texas will also be there. We are wondering about spots to possibly sneak in a duck hunt or two. We are staying in Plymoth (NW side of twin cities). Is there a site or place to get info that shows public land? I have a boat but not sure I want to drag it 6 hours with the family and parking it at the house may be an issue. Are there any walk-in places close?

Any help you could give would be appreciated. Just trying to determine if it is even worth the effort of packing the gear. It would be a nice relief from the house full of people though!

Thanks
Kevin
kevinstev14
Newb

Re: minnesota trip

Postby Labs » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:27 am

Most of the places that are close to the cities will require a boat. There are a few walk in places, but it will be tough....cold too, during that time. Without knowing what the bottoms are like, I wouldn't risk going without the boat. There are plenty of lakes to the west that have landings and if they aren't within the city limits, they can be hunted....
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter

Postby mauserfan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:09 am

Watch your zone season dates. Closed above Hwy.212 Nov. 24 and below Dec.1....mauser
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
mauserfan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:56 pm

kevinstev14 wrote:Guys,

I am an Illinois hunter that will be spending time in Minnesota Wed-Sun over Thanksgiving. We are having a family reunion. My brother who is in the Army stationed in Texas will also be there. We are wondering about spots to possibly sneak in a duck hunt or two. We are staying in Plymoth (NW side of twin cities). Is there a site or place to get info that shows public land? I have a boat but not sure I want to drag it 6 hours with the family and parking it at the house may be an issue. Are there any walk-in places close?

Any help you could give would be appreciated. Just trying to determine if it is even worth the effort of packing the gear. It would be a nice relief from the house full of people though!

Thanks
Kevin

The mn dnr website has good info on a lot of public land. Google it and that should get you started. You will have to hunt south of the Plymouth area since the season in most of the state will be closed.
beretta24
State Moderator

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting