PM

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

PM

Postby Woodrow03 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:15 pm

How many of Y'all have good results hunting in the afternoon till dark?

I'm out now. Solo which sucks.

Figured with the front coming in tonight might be good.

Only had two geese pass by that were on a mission elsewhere.
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Re: PM

Postby MinnesotaDan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:49 pm

I only like evening hunts if its a field. I don't like hunting water in the evenings but I will sometimes. They usually don't come in during legal light.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby suicidal_scaup » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:29 pm

MinnesotaDan wrote:I only like evening hunts if its a field. I don't like hunting water in the evenings but I will sometimes. They usually don't come in during legal light.

^This
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:15 pm

During very bad weather I've had success hunting in the evening, without a big wind i would say there's not a great chance for success. even if you don't get a lot of action its still good to get out.
StuStiltman
hunter

Location: kinda between Fergus, DL and lawndale. draw a triangle on a map, I'm in there

Postby MinneKans » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Some of my best hunts have been in the evening. Key is low light situations due to fog, rain or snow. Clear days you might get some shooting in the last 15 minutes of LST. Had a good teal shoot the third week of the season on our lake :thumbsup:
MinneKans
hunter

Postby kbooger » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:32 pm

I guess I don't like the whole flow of things. Usually it starts fast and tapers off in the morning, maybe a few late birds and you stick around longer. In the evening it seems to be dead until about 5 minutes until sundown and then you start to get tempted because it keeps getting better.

But I am considering heading out in crappy conditions now that someone mentioned it.
kbooger
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:23 pm

MinneKans wrote:Some of my best hunts have been in the evening. Key is low light situations due to fog, rain or snow. Clear days you might get some shooting in the last 15 minutes of LST. Had a good teal shoot the third week of the season on our lake :thumbsup:

:biggrin:

:biggrin:

I recall...

I went out tonight; don't get me wrong; I'll go whenever & wherever...

It beats sitting at home. After getting set up tonight I heard two different clucks. After a few clucks back I convinced two geese to come take a look but they had other plans.

To me that was worth the trip out.

I will also say that on my way home tonight with a pissed off dog I really contemplated moving back to TX solely on the hunting :thumbsup:
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting