Bluebill study over

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Bluebill study over

Postby big ben » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:18 am

The bluebill study is over . The dnr has concluded that bluebills are'nt flying through anymore because of loss of crustacians like freshwater shrimp.
big ben
hunter

Postby recker » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:23 pm

I could have told you that. Ponds we used to hunt have none anymore. The dakota are loaded. My waders are full of shrimp when we hunt in dakota.
recker
hunter

Postby big ben » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:12 pm

Exactly why does the dnr piss away money on stupid freakin studies like that ?
big ben
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:44 am

Basically they do it because they need to justify their actions if sportsmen grumble, especially if there are restrictions applied or if on the off hand a lawsuit are filed. Scientific facts then are used to how to best analyze what has happened and what needs to be done and are the basis to their actions.

They still are traveling through MN, but the ones going through Mn are not getting the food supplies needed to bulk up for the next leg of the journey. Basically the bills moved West into the Dakotas because of alot better food sources and less disturbances from boats. BTW, divers preferr very shallow wetlands. 20 to 100 acres in size and 4' or less in depth according to Ray Norrgard of the DNR. I got to listen to an excellent presentation from him yesterday about ducks in MN :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting