Looking for land to lease

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

Looking for land to lease

Postby callen37 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:49 pm

New to the area and looking for land or pit/field to lease for this season. I don't work during the fall and winter so I can travel quite a bit. I'll be in the St. Paul area but can travel to get to this potential lease. I'm flexible when it comes to finances I just desperately want to have a place to hunt. I'm open to clubs looking for members as well. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
callen37
Newb

Re: Looking for land to lease

Postby zee-unit » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:04 pm

My guess is that you already checked, but there are a few postings on the local Craigslist. If you search "waterfowl hunting" or "duck hunting land" there should be a few options that pop up. I have no idea if they are good deals or not...but they would be options.
zee-unit
hunter

Postby goldfish » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:57 pm

Where are you from? 99% of hunting in MN is done on public land or just walking up to farmers and asking to hunt, not really leasing unless you are by Rochester or Laq Qui Parle. We also don't really have duck clubs like they do down south.

Sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby callen37 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:18 am

From Florida but have done most of my hunting in Louisiana and some in Arkansas, hunting in FL is the same way when it comes to just public land but I know how crazy that can get especially since I'm not comfortable with the area.
callen37
Newb

Postby goldfish » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 am

From what I gather, it's a different ball game than what they do in LA and AR because most hunt lakes and ponds out of boats. Hardly anyone hunts out of pits (with the exception of the areas I mentioned, those areas are heavily hunted so the fields actually do get leased). Maybe someone else can chime in their .02 on this

Sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby xrated » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:33 am

with the exception of the area goldfish mentioned it is pretty much public hunting. Heck even around Rochester only the best of the best fields are leased. I got out with guys this year who just had permission from the owners.
xrated
hunter

Postby doubletheshovel » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:23 pm

There is a good amount of public hunting in this state. Most lakes are able to be hunted and we have 10,000 of them. Like stated by goldfish if you want to hunt private land go up and ask the farm. You may get turned down but if you don't ask you will never know. Good luck to you and welcome to MN
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting