Customer Service At Its Best

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Customer Service At Its Best

Postby Woodrow03 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Huge thanks to Tim Grounds.

This past fall at the end of the season the insert to my Super Mag goose call became worn and loose so it would not hold in the barrel anymore

Sent it to Tim on Friday. He called me Monday, said it was fixed and at a very good price. He also shaved the reeds and tuned it for me. Then he also ran the call over the phone so I could hear it and make sure it was to my approval. Sent it back and got it today!

Sounds outstanding and looks great.

Talk about customer service.

Also I bought an Echo call on a whim last week. After messing with it a bit on the drives to and from work it has became one of my favorite calls. Not bad for a 17$ purchase.
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Re: Customer Service At Its Best

Postby Ducks22 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Great to hear things like this and glad you got it fixed. This is definately one on the perks of buying higher end calls. I have had great experiences with RNT and Echo in the past also. Luckly never had an issue with my Grounds because it is my go to and would be lost with out it.
Ducks22
hunter

Postby zee-unit » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am

Always great to hear positive feedback on customer service. Pretty sweet that he tuned it and let you listen over the phone.
zee-unit
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:07 pm

I've yet to hear any serious complaints against his calls or company. Might be where I get my next one.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby StuStiltman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:10 pm

I had a problem with one of my super mags, when I would pull the insert out the cork would come out instead of staying in place. I called and talked to Tim grounds, he said I could send it to him and he would fix it, or, if I wanted he would tell me how to fix it so I could save shipping costs. This was years after I got the call. Easy fix and excellent customer service. Not too often you here good stories about companies on the internet.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby SECOND SHOT » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:04 pm

YEARS AGO THE OLD MAN BOUGHT A GOOSE CALL FROM TIM. IT WAS TO BE A GIFT FOR A YOUNG GOOSE HUNTER. IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECTLY, I SPOKE WITH TIM'S MOM. I ASKED HER IF TIM WOULD BE WILLING TO PERSONALIZE THE CALL WITH A CHRISTMAS GREETING. TIM WROTE ON THE BRASS RING WITH AN ENGRAVING PENCIL WHAT I REQUESTED. THAT WAS 15 YEARS AGO OR MORE. I HAVE NOT HELD THAT CALL IN MY HANDS FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW. LAST TIME I LOOKED, THE GREETING TIM WROTE WAS WORE, AND HARD TO READ. THE MEMORY OF THE EXTRA EFFORT BY TIM AND HIS MOM STILL IS THERE, AND CHERISHED. THE CALL IS STILL BEING USED AND SOUNDS AS GOOD AS EVER. I NEVER DID GET TO TALK TO TIM, BUT ALL THESE YEARS LATER I THANK HIM AND WISH HIM WELL. THE OLD MAN
SECOND SHOT
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Still got it, the merry Christmas engraving is barely visible.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Whats a very good price he fixd it for?? Did he puta little tape on the wedge or how did he fix it... ive been thinking of getting one but ill never buy a call again that i cant give a test run first been burnt that way before
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:52 pm

He said I could ship it to him and he'd fix it and send me a bill, he didn't say how much it would cost but the shipping would off been a couple bucks, the repair would of been a couple bucks and I would off been without the call for a week or two. He told me how to fix it myself for a couple bucks worth of glue. Not a hard fix but I had no idea how to do it myself. Next time your up In my neck of the woods you can try my calls if you like.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:20 pm

Yea i should have told you to bring them.. im just kinda call shy around new people lol
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:36 pm

25$ new insert, guts, shaved, tuned and shipped back.
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting