pranks

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

pranks

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Anyone ever pull off any good pranks on your buddies while out hunting?
StuStiltman
hunter

Re: pranks

Postby MinneKans » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Tulipee under the front seat.
MinneKans
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Here's a good one done by second shot, I was along when this happened but was too young to help out, maybe 7 or 8. We pull up in our friends decoys one afternoon, we talk a couple minutes and slip this over the side. Our friend never talked about this until 20 or more years later. When second shot sold his hunting shack his buddy left this on his front steps the day before he moved out.

I should say this prank was between guys who hunted every weekend plus a.week or two of vacation time. Its.not as if we.messed up one of only a few hunts our buddy had that year. Mean but funny,........really funny.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby goldfish » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:36 am

I don't get out with guys enough to pull anything. So far I've mainly been meeting people, which isn't exactly the time to be pulling pranks.

Although I suppose I tried to float half of hillbilly's deeks away the first time he took me out because I didn't unwrap enough decoy line

Sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby SECOND SHOT » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:29 am

THE OLD MAN FROM TIME TO TIME REALLY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF. NO, NOT FOR PLACING A NEON DECOY IN MY FRIENDS SPREAD. HE WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME, BUT I BEAT HIM TO IT. NO I AM THINKING OF SOMETHING MUCH MORE MEAN SPRIRTED. IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE. LETS CALL IT A CHRISTAS GIFT GONE BAD. MY OLDER SISTER WAS GIVEN A SURPRIZE LATE IN LIFE THAT WAS REASON FOR THE EXTENDED FAMILY TO REJOICE. AND I GOT ANOTHER NEPHEW. HE WAS AND IS A QUIET MAN. I THOUGHT SISTER’S HOUSE NEEDED A LITTLE LIVENING UP. WHAT BETTER WAY THAN TO GIVE MY YOUNG NEPHEW A DUCK CALL. I HAD ASSUMED THAT AFTER A DAY OR TWO HE WOULD GET BORED WITH THE CALL, AND HIS PARENTS WOULD THROW IT OUT WHEN HE WAS NOT LOOKING. POOR SISTER. HER SON LOVED THAT CALL. HE WOULD GO NO WHERE WITH OUT IT. TO SAY THAT HIS PARENTS AND SIBLINGS WERE PERTURBED WITH ME, WOULD BE AN UNDER STATEMENT. TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY SISTER MADE THE MISTAKE OF COMPLAINING TO THE “DEAR ONE”. “HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF SECOND SHOT AND STU BLEW THEIR DUCK CALLS IN THE HOUSE?” THE “DEAR ONES” RESPONCE WAS, “THEY DO ALL THE TIME. THEY WATCH HUNTING VIDEOS AND PRACTICE THEIR CALLING.” THANKFULLY NEPHEW OUT GREW THE CALL. I FELT I NEEDED TO MAKE AMENDS OF SORTS. THE FOLLOWING CHRISTMAS I BOUGHT ANOTHER DUCK CALL. THIS TIME I TOOK THE REED OUT OF IT. WITH HELP FROM “THE DEAR ONE” WE MADE A NEW PRODUCT INFO TO REPLACE THE ORIGINAL. THE NEXT CHRISTMAS I GAVE THIS NEW CALL TO MY NEPHEW. HIS PARENTS AND SIBLINGS WERE ANGRY WITH ME UNTIL I ASKED THEM TO READ THE LABEL . I AM NOT SURE WHAT, IF ANYTHING I LEARNED FROM THAT EXPERIENCE. PERHAPS THE LESSON FOR ALL OF US DUCK HUNTERS IS THIS, IF YOU HAVE A LOVING WIFE WHO WILL LET YOU HUNT DUCKS. YOU ARE BLESSED. IF YOU HAVE A SON WHO LOVES TO HUNT WITH YOU, YOU ARE ESPECIALLY BLESSED. IT MAY BE ASKING TOO MUCH, TO HOPE FOR A WIFE THAT WILL CLEAN AND COOK YOUR DUCKS FOR YOU AS MY LATE AUNT DID FOR THE FIRST DUCK HUNTER I MET. THIS WAS THE AUNT WHO CUT THE VOICE BOX OUT OF A DUCK, WASHED IT OFF IN THE SINK, AND BLEW A “REAL DUCK CALL” FOR ME. THE OLD MAN
Attachments
sc000235d7.jpg
SECOND SHOT
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting