spring/summer get together

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

spring/summer get together

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:48 pm

So I've met 4 people from this sight, 2nd shot, hillbilly, suicidal scaup and doubletheshovel, all good experiences. I'd like to meet more of you folks. Obviously not easy because were from all over the state. We had a ice fishing trip fall thru due to the weather, how about a spring or summer get together? Could be a fishing trip or picnic or whatever. Too early to start planning? Anyways if others are interested we could start discussing dates/locations/activities ect.
StuStiltman
hunter

Location: kinda between Fergus, DL and lawndale. draw a triangle on a map, I'm in there

Re: spring/summer get together

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm

A suggestion I have would be a catfishing trip/picnic. There's many good shore fishing spots on the mn river, the locations I have in mind are not too far from Montevideo, about 3 hours or so from the cities, about 3 hours from my place. A long but do able day trip for folks from the metro,(which seams go be where most of us our from). Also shore fishing means no one has to have a boat to come with. Just a suggestion.
Last edited by StuStiltman on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StuStiltman
hunter

Location: kinda between Fergus, DL and lawndale. draw a triangle on a map, I'm in there

Postby beretta24 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:56 pm

I'd chase cats.....

Or just drink.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:58 pm

beretta24 wrote:I'd chase cats.....

Or just drink.

I thought that was implied, hahaha. It would also be a chance to award the prize for the possible caption contest.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:03 pm

I'm game. Another option would be a pre season trap shoot. I would volunteer to host but I'm in extreme SE corner of state. Drowning worms and drinking will work for me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Down south we had a GTG twice a year at a public park on a lake. Always had a good turn out with plenty of food and beer.

Folks brought their dogs which turned into a show for best and longest retrieve.

I'm in
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm

A trap shoot would be a good choice. I'm assuming it would be possible to find a central location, maybe even a group rate. All suggestions are welcome. We have lots of time to plan this, it would be great if in the next few days we could get more suggestions, after that we could have a vote for what activity is preffered. After that we could start working on dates. I'm really hoping this comes together!!
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Hey Woodrow, good idea! I started typing my last post before you posted yours, didn't mean to leave your idea out of the mix.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Also, suggestions are just that, suggestions, if you suggest something your not taking responsibility for hosting. If enough of us our interested in an activity and can agree on a date, then at that point we could nominate guys responsible for coordinating everything. Like I said, we have months to plan this out.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:22 pm

I nominate Stu for everything. Anyone second the motion?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Ouch!!!..... well it was my suggestion so if this does come together I will help to coordinate, I should say that I'm a diesel mechanic by trade, management and coordination isn't my strong suit. If some of our more educated members were willing to help out things may work out much better,...........berreta,.........I'd even up it from a 12 to a 24 pack of big friendlies.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby chevyobsession » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:32 pm

The catfishing idea sounds goo to me. I live an hour east of granite falls and have a few ok spots along the MN river for cats. Nothing spectacular.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
chevyobsession
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Hey stu why dnt you tell bretta youll round that 12 up 24pack bet hed take care of everything.
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Well stu atleast we think alike
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:36 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:Hey stu why dnt you tell bretta youll round that 12 up 24pack bet hed take care of everything.

True story hillbilly, in my last post I suggested just that, we must of both hit submit at the same time, too funny.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:49 am

Trap/skeet tournament would good
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:13 am

Trap would be fun
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Postby mutthunt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:30 am

With my work schedule I have a 50/50 shot of making it, so if it works out I'd be there for sure.

I've never been catfishing so that would be cool. Some sporting clays would be fun too.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers
mutthunt
hunter

Postby MinneKans » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:04 am

I suggest having the get together in Woodrow's garage. That place looks sweeeeeeet!
MinneKans
hunter

Postby kbooger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:30 am

Woodrow03 wrote:Trap/skeet tournament would good

this

I know a lot of guys fish, but I don't drink or fish so....
kbooger
hunter

Postby MNjonboatguy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:02 am

I would definitely be in for another MN DHC get together, was bummed when the weather screwed us for winter catfishing.
Shooting clays and fishing both sound good to me
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby goldfish » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:38 am

I need to start saving my pto for fall, but depending on what you guys plan I'll see if I can make it.

Sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:01 am

[quote="kbooger]
I know a lot of guys fish, but I don't drink or fish so....[/quote]
Does not compute.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Woodrow03 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:19 am

kbooger wrote:
Woodrow03 wrote:Trap/skeet tournament would good

this

I know a lot of guys fish, but I don't drink or fish so....

Let's do a shooting day
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:19 am

MinneKans wrote:I suggest having the get together in Woodrow's garage. That place looks sweeeeeeet!

Let's drive 4 hours and have a big old party weekend instead

:lol:
Woodrow03
hunter

Next

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting