spring/summer get together

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Re: spring/summer get together

Postby xrated » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Summer fills up fast with trips to the lake and being stuck in SE most areas past the metro turn into a haul but I will keep tabs on this.
xrated
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:13 pm

kbooger wrote:
Woodrow03 wrote:Trap/skeet tournament would good

this

I know a lot of guys fish, but I don't drink or fish so....

What do you do in the off seaon knitt?? Skeet??? Sounds like sombody use to be in a league. Im up for 1 day and 2 nights of drinking. And some fishing and sheet. oh i have an idea 2 boats required. Maybe 4 depends on who wants to try this...
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby kbooger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:40 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:
kbooger wrote:
Woodrow03 wrote:Trap/skeet tournament would good

this

I know a lot of guys fish, but I don't drink or fish so....

What do you do in the off seaon knitt?? Skeet??? Sounds like sombody use to be in a league. Im up for 1 day and 2 nights of drinking. And some fishing and sheet. oh i have an idea 2 boats required. Maybe 4 depends on who wants to try this...

Taxes 50-65 hrs a week Jan 15 - April 15. I do shoot some skeet.
kbooger
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:47 pm

A shooting trip seems to be popular. If we can't all get together because of distance we could have a competition, metro vs up north vs southeast or whatever. I'm guessing a day trip would work best for most (including me). That may be a good option.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:53 pm

StuStiltman wrote:A shooting trip seems to be popular. If we can't all get together because of distance we could have a competition, metro vs up north vs southeast or whatever. I'm guessing a day trip would work best for most (including me). That may be a good option.

Well whos got a place outside of city limits that we could play at. And minimal live stock that arnt botherd by gun shots. Be cheaper to bring 5~6 clay throwers then do a round or 2 at a range
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:12 pm

Well I own 5 acres of woods, good for pistols or 22s, not so much for trap, also I'm not very close to most other members. I'm guessing most shooting clubs would offer a group rate discount, just a guess.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby kbooger » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:52 am

I was a member of South St. Paul gun club, could do it there. Or Bald Eagle in the north metro, which I might try to become a member this year. Then there is MN horse & hunt in the South metro, but they are a bit spendy. They also have an awesome sporting clays course. These are just places close to the metro I'm throwing out there.
kbooger
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:32 am

hillbilly.. wrote:
StuStiltman wrote:A shooting trip seems to be popular. If we can't all get together because of distance we could have a competition, metro vs up north vs southeast or whatever. I'm guessing a day trip would work best for most (including me). That may be a good option.

Well whos got a place outside of city limits that we could play at. And minimal live stock that arnt botherd by gun shots. Be cheaper to bring 5~6 clay throwers then do a round or 2 at a range

I might know of a place
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:23 am

hillbilly.. wrote:Well whos got a place outside of city limits that we could play at. And minimal live stock that arnt botherd by gun shots. Be cheaper to bring 5~6 clay throwers then do a round or 2 at a range

I have just the place where basically anything goes but my location is not good at all and I think would hurt attendance. I'm literally 15 miles from Iowa and 20 from WI. Be nice to find a private location where we can play, something about tannerite going off that just can't be duplicated.
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby xrated » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Perfect location dfrauenkron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xrated
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:37 pm

xrated wrote:Perfect location dfrauenkron.

I think your the only regular that I know of within an hour of me. I've met a couple on here but they come and go.
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:16 pm

I vote to not let hillbilly touch the tanerite or he will blow a hand of yet
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Last edited by Woodrow03 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:06 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:I vote to not let hillbilly touch the tanerite or he will blow a hand of yet

2nd that!!!! Hillbilly, if your gonna blow off a hand make sure its your left, haahhaha. As.fun as it would be I'd hate to see you on TV on one of those "1 handed dove hunts". Lol.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Bump it up fellas! Let's make this happen, I have never seen the MN forum this active, be nice to meet some of you guys. I've met 3 people from this site and all are great guys. I'm game for anything.
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:10 pm

If we found some land to do a shoot at I think that would be ideal. Then guys could bring calls with and run em a bit. That way people can hear them live instead of recording which don't always come out well. Get pointers from some of the better callers - test out some calls that maybe you are interested in.. Just a thought. I suppose that could all be done at a range as well, just might get on some of the other patrons nerves..
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Postby dwendt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:36 pm

I'm pretty new here/ just read and don't post much, I would offer up land but we will most likely be full swing into farm prep by the time this happens. Wouldn't mind a nice little tourney though.
dwendt
hunter

Postby xrated » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:06 pm

If it was a weekend deal I might could arrange something depending on the dates and guys willingness to drive 3 minutes to the nearest lodge.

We have plenty of room for shooting and even have a 100 yard range. A couple different spots to shoot clays. We've always just done hand thrown but if someone had a launcher we could mess around with setup.

Couple hours north of the metro on 65. Hour from the double B lakes area and Duluth. Not sure how it would be for the western guys.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=19855+48 ... 0&t=m&z=16
xrated
hunter

Postby kbooger » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:08 am

Another idea would be a card tourney. Texas hold'em after the shooting maybe? I've got poker chips. You can all get drunk and I'll take your money :biggrin:
kbooger
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Sorry i only gamble with body parts lol
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby goldfish » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:14 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:Sorry i only gamble with body parts lol

You need to stop bluffing with that game, lol

Sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Bump...thoughts on timing? My spring is packed. Need to finish my workshop, build a deck, train a pup, and will be in europe for three weeks between now and opener. I'd vote for a Sat or Sun in June on a lake somewhere, simply because we have thousands of options with a public access so we can pick a central location.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby goldfish » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:15 am

Being that I work on the weekends, I'll leave the planning up to you guys and see if I can make it for what you decide.

Sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:15 pm

If xrated's place isn't too far for folks could mix fishing and some shooting. Thoughts?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby dfrauenkron » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Late June is best for me. I know first weekend I'm busy with the AMS Big30. Whichever works for the majority I'm not picky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dfrauenkron
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting