Pelican lake

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Pelican lake

Postby chevyobsession » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:34 pm

I was thinking if heading down thereon Sunday but my anger took a turn for the worst. Anyone else heading down there?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Jake's Custom Calls Pro Staff
brown its down, flies it dies
chevyobsession
hunter

Re: Pelican lake

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Which pelican lake? There's one close to me, not sure if thats the one your talking about.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:25 am

He's talking about Pelican in Wright County I'm glad they are drawing the water level down. Plenty of other lakes for guys to go drink beer and bitch about their wives on in the winter. My avi pic is actually me fishing on the lake itself.

Plus it was freezing out this year anyways so I don't see the big deal. Why manage a lake as a fishery that is going to freeze out every so often? Hopefully it keeps migrating ducks around longer. Not sure why people are mad about people taking massive amounts of fish out the lake right now, they are dying under the ice as I type this. Might as well get some use out of them.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby chevyobsession » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:20 am

Sorry, MinnesotaDan is correct. For those who don't know, the lake will freeze out this winter and they have opened it up to no limit fishing.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Jake's Custom Calls Pro Staff
brown its down, flies it dies
chevyobsession
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:14 am

I live in cloud, a few buddys went down there and just killed it. Piles upon piles of fish. Saw a video of a guy cut a spear hole and was just using a net pulling em out by the dozen. Might as well get them out and in a freezer before they get killed off
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Postby mutthunt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:24 am

Is it mostly slimers in there?
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers
mutthunt
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:52 am

looked like some solid crappies my buddy was getting. overall not sure what they have though. I know another guy had a few great pan fish outings there a few weeks back too
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:42 am

Alot are being left on the ice and i wish i would have went up there right away but i didnt want to cut another spear hole
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Swamp Gas » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:21 pm

my brothers buddy speared a pile of 30" plus slimers the other day. I caught a bunch myself over the years and never kept one in hopes of getting a 20# plus. Up North quality within stones throw from the city.
Swamp Gas
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting